Dapol Maunsell roof removal

Started by meddyliol, January 25, 2022, 04:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meddyliol

Just received three Dapol Maunsell coaches from Rails of Sheffield (excellent service) and three light bars. The problem is, how do I get the roof off? I don't want to force anything and break it.

Cheers

Brian

Bob G

The roof is integral with the body. You have to separate the chassis from the body.
That's probably why you couldn't find the roof easily separating from the body - because it does not!!

HTH
Bob

meddyliol

Quote from: Bob G on January 25, 2022, 07:57:42 PM
The roof is integral with the body. You have to separate the chassis from the body.
That's probably why you couldn't find the roof easily separating from the body - because it does not!!

HTH
Bob

Ok, just have to find out how to separate them now! It's all go isn't it!

meddyliol

Thanks a lot, will have a butchers later on!

:thankyousign:

Brian

meddyliol

For future reference. Just had a reply from Dapol relating to the coach roof removal. This is for the Maunsell coaches 2P-012-253 Lined Green set 394. Do not know if it is the same for other coaches. The roof does NOT come off, you have to remove the entire chassis. Run a fingernail under chassis and it comes off very easily. My wife has just removed one. Can now put the light bars in.

Cheers

Brian

Bob G

Quote from: meddyliol on January 28, 2022, 09:19:52 AM
For future reference. Just had a reply from Dapol relating to the coach roof removal. This is for the Maunsell coaches 2P-012-253 Lined Green set 394. Do not know if it is the same for other coaches. The roof does NOT come off, you have to remove the entire chassis. Run a fingernail under chassis and it comes off very easily. My wife has just removed one. Can now put the light bars in.

Cheers

Brian

Good grief!

Did I not tell you that in Reply #1  ??? Did not @LASteve give you a link in Reply #3 that stated explicitly how to do it  ???

I would have thought that anyone who could remove a roof could equally remove a chassis without having to resort to asking Dapol how to do it.

I suppose it does require decent length finger nails....

Bob

meddyliol

Looks like I have annoyed someone yet again. It must be a wonderful feeling to be so perfect. It might be best for everyone if I stopped frequenting this forum. I hate upsetting people, so, to alleviate this problem, Goodbye and thanks for all the fish. My loss but I can live with it.

Been nice knowing most of you

Ta ta

Brian

P.S. The link in reply 3 wasn't explicit, having spent ages trying to remove the ends and very nearly causing damage, realised that the ends do NOT come off. Whether or not I chose to contact Dapol or anyone else for that matter has absolutely NOTHING to do with you. Have a very nice day. There are other forums out there with far less nastiness in giving 'help'.

Newportnobby

A shame, Brian, but it's your choice to make.
It's to their shame that some 'older hands' don't show much tolerance to relative newbies.

Bob G

Quote from: Newportnobby on January 28, 2022, 10:52:04 AM
A shame, Brian, but it's your choice to make.
It's to their shame that some 'older hands' don't show much tolerance to relative newbies.

If our advice didn't make sense, you could have come back sooner for clarification. We obviously know what we are talking about, and could help.
Just didn't communicate it that clearly.
I'm also sorry I caused offense. My sarcasm gene has been highly honed from public school days. It doesn't come across clearly enough by email.

At least I'm not trying to pretend I was ambushed by cake.

Bob

meddyliol

Ah, Public Schoolboy, that explains a lot to a Grammar School twit. Mind you, both my sons went to Boarding School (didn't like to call it Public School).

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations