Help Needed N gauge Society Coach

Started by Warthog MKL, April 01, 2019, 01:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warthog MKL

I am a relative newbie to the hobby and am in the midst of building my first 6X3 layout. I have just purchased my first N gauge society kit the Maron Inspection coach and like my Dapol A-4 it has a small bag of extra bits.
But I have no idea where they fit or what they are, can anyone help me locate these correctly I assume you remove coupler at one end and I can see some holes in the moulding.  And while i am at it how easy is it to remove the body to add some figures?.
ta

RailGooner

Hi Warthog MKL :wave: and welcome aboard! :wave:

IMO the major manufacturers do their customers a disservice by including these detail parts without any (or at best very poor) instructions on placement. The best advice I can give is to refer to images of the prototype. :beers:

nookfield

When I asked Bachmann I got the following reply

"The hook with or without the dummy links according to whether  he coach coupling is to be retained, mounts in the central slot. The "C" shaped pipe fits to the left of the central coupling (when view from the front or end of the coach) and the remaining pipe on the other side of the hook"

The other two parts both represent lamps and depending upon which era you are modelling depends upon which you use.

mr bachmann

after the model was selling , there was a page in the next (or 2) NGS journal  about the fitting of the 'bit's bag .

ScottishModeller

Quote from: mr bachmann on April 01, 2019, 07:57:56 PM
after the model was selling , there was a page in the next (or 2) NGS journal  about the fitting of the 'bit's bag .
Hi all,

Yes - short article on fitting these bits.

Check the index at:-

http://newweb.ngaugesociety.com/?page_id=67

Not sure where you are, but article details are.

1 5 2013 Society News: Inspection Saloon – The Bag of Bits!; : 2013 Annual Model Making Competition; Research into Model Railways

2013 - Issue 1 page 5

Thanks
Phil H
Thanks
Phil Holman

Warthog MKL

Can anyone scan that page if they have it please

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66