So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Nigh on impossible to get bookings, George, and I'd rather leave that facility to those who really need it more than me. Mum wouldn't even know how to go about it.
I just get what she wants, take it over to her and drop it off in her porch. The ring the doorbell and shout at to her from the top of the path.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Mr Sprue on April 01, 2020, 09:47:52 PM
Quote from: Bealman on April 01, 2020, 09:45:53 PM
Does the supermarket do home delivery? Anne has been getting into that big time here

WHAT A HOME DELIVERY IN THE UK!!!  :smiley-laughing:

She doesn't need a home, anyway. She's already got one :laugh:

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 01, 2020, 09:43:17 PM
I am getting very frustrated with my Mum who, although she has done the right thing in self isolating herself (she's 87), hasn't quite come to grips with the fact her son and eldest daughter are not on call to go shopping for her every time she wants something she's either forgotten to ask for or run out of >:(
My exposure to supermarkets is max twice a week and that's only because they either haven't got what I/we need or limit the number allowed.

Sympathise with you Mick not a healthy place to visit often. I've instructed the missus I'm only going in those places once a fortnight as my bum is hangs out like a big red windsock mingling with peeps who don't know what six foot looks like! :worried:

crewearpley40

I was in a relatively calm supermarket today for 5 items. Really annoyed with people too busy on phones not concentrating . Worse had a quick check in the meat picked my item up as the display price card nearly fell off . Some really agitated woman could not wait. She stuck her arm right in front my face. Excuse me. So much for social distancing or waiting. She was on her mobile. Excuse me I said politely. She gave an earful of unrepeatable Language. Even the sales assistant took my side when a manager asked if I was okay. Sorry about the label. Ah no should not be on there.  Thanked staff. Manager aSked female punter can I help what you need madam. He too got an earlobe ful. Society

daffy

Living in a small village down a long straight road and unable to get an online delivery arranged from any supermarket, I'm also less and less willing to go out to shop in the old fashioned way as the virus grips and some folks continue to act like morons.

So when an RAF C130 Hercules flew low and slow directly down our road a few minutes ago, my first random thought was that I'd missed something in the news and should rush out immediately to retrieve my emergency food parcel as it dropped by parachute like manna from heaven.

But no. Sadly I will still need to risk a visit to Tesco. :(

Edit: it just flew back perpendicular to previous track en route to land at RAF Coningsby. And not a Hercules but an A400M Atlas. A grand sight to see. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Lawrence

Well I managed to get the first two systems finished and ready for shipping, the 3rd system was part built by another firm and when I wired up my sensors they didn't work and guess what, no internal wiring diagram. I phoned one of our directors who is pretty sharp with this kit and he didn't pick up, same when the boss tried so he text him asking him to call me, Nada, Nix, Nothing. So I fired off an email to Poland asking for wiring information before I start ripping their kit to bits, and having still had no contact from said director, I said to the boss that if he couldn't be arsed then neither could I and that I was going home. He couldn't argue that really.

Della is still at work and on her own.

Ironically, we both got our dates muddled when we agreed to go in, it is actually her birthday today so on the way home I popped into Tesco (No Queues  :D ) and purchased a large bouquet of roses, a large bottle of pink gin and her favourite scratchcard (which she wont win with  ::) ), but still people not getting the social distancing thing and quite happily just reach in front of you to grab stuff off the shelf.  Get a grip people!!

I did have to go via our new offices that we are moving to and it just so happens that the adjoining unit makes hand sanitiser and other eco friendly cleaning and debugging products, so i nipped in and bought some hand sanitiser spray. £5 for a 500ml bottle, but I can go back any time and get a refill for £1
At least I can thoroughly spray Della down when she gets home  ;D

guest311

Quote from: daffy on April 02, 2020, 10:35:47 AM
Living in a small village down a long straight road and unable to get an online delivery arranged from any supermarket, I'm also less and less willing to go out to shop in the old fashioned way as the virus grips and some folks continue to act like morons.

So when an RAF C130 Hercules flew low and slow directly down our road a few minutes ago, my first random thought was that I'd missed something in the news and should rush out immediately to retrieve my emergency food parcel as it dropped by parachute like manna from heaven.

But no. Sadly I will still need to risk a visit to Tesco. :(

Edit: it just flew back perpendicular to previous track en route to land at RAF Coningsby. And not a Hercules but an A400M Atlas. A grand sight to see. :thumbsup:

not the lowest I've seen of these, but the first A400 flight through the loop, others getting lower and lower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09l-Wc_33fk

amazing, or not, what the RAF can do with these big  :censored: compared to the so called USAF Top Guns, who routinely display distant under surface views, as opposed to RAF top surface views through the loop.

will admit, however, that the USAF C-130s / KC-130s / AC-130s do get down and dirty, unlike their F-15 etc collegues.

guest311

always felt 4 screws were better than two blow-jobs any day  :-[

Mr Sprue

Nice vids & dare I say it on the close fly pasts for a moment it almost sound like a couple of Spits. Amazing sound. :thumbsup:

Snowwolflair

tutenkhamunsleeping

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 02, 2020, 04:38:39 PM

:P

Yep you have a point there this thread needs to get back on....

including the OP  :-[

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations