NGS The Thompson BGs have at last arrived

Started by Snowwolflair, October 02, 2016, 01:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

Totally agree with the last 6 posts. I got my email notifications too today, both of which were for the correct models. I'm more than happy to wait another couple of weeks for them - what's the hurry? The shop staff are doing an excellent job and deserve our full support, not oblique criticism.

All hail the NGS!

Cheers,

Chris

mickster04

If people could post pictures when they get them, as I live in NZ it might take longer than most for me to get mine! I'm pleasantly excited by this!

trkilliman

Social media and forums are great, but like almost everything in life for every plus there will be a minus. Now, I am all very much for freedom of speech, and this is why the politically correct brigade rankle me.

However, as far as the NGS is concerned it is run by volunteers, and for this reason I feel people need to cut them a sizeable bit of slack. Of course, if a person is holding a committee position and enjoys the title but has a "whatever" attitude to their voluntary task then questions are warranted. I have recently stood down as vice chairman of a Tropical fish association in no small part due to others not playing their part.

I recently asked a question about some Modelmaster decals. Jill quickly responded and is trying to find the answer for me.  The job of shop manager has not been taken on with a clean and friendly handover, but one where the pieces have to be picked up. I have a strong feeling that the shop was previously run in a chaotic /  often untraceable manner, and the volunteers on our committee have been painstakingly sorting through the mess that unfolded for them. A financial "discrepancy" was bad enough, but add to that a shop contents where much of it is mixed up, then it must be a nightmare.

Remember, those sorting it out are doing so in their own time.

A typed comment having no body language can be construed by the recipient in a way that may, or may not have been unintended by the sender. Volunteers can walk away at any time, especially if they get unwarranted flack!!!

Enjoy your holiday Jill and Alan.

Fardap

It is also worth remembering that people are more likely to put finger to keyboard to complain than to praise, this can be seen on many forums where the 'issues' with suppliers and manufacturers seem awful and yet it is a small minority of the actual sales/supplies that have a problem (Dapol Schools for instance).

When the BBC show a program that is viewed by several million people, the complaints that make the papers/news are usually less than a thousand and yet Ofcom will then look at the situation... so 500 complaints from 5,000,000 viewers is 0.01% of the viewers... you don't see the papers/news reporting that 4,999,500 people didn't complain...

The point I am making is the NGS Shop shouldn't take a couple of criticisms to heart as the majority of people are happy with the work they are doing and the huge amount of sorting they have had to do to get this far.

Steve

Snowwolflair

Gentlemen

I started this thread about the NGS Thomson Brake

It gained complaints, then complaints about the complaints, well i'm now complaining about the complaints about the complaints, and you are all hijacking the thread. :doh:

Lets get back to discussing the Thomson Brake :thumbsup:

Fardap

Correct! Apologies for complaining about the complaining...

I did get my three order emails yesterday and paid my final amount this morning, looking forward to November!!!

zopadooper

Thank you to everyone for the very kind comments you have made.  We do try our hardest to do a good job but you know what they say about pleasing some of the  people some of the time!

Any queries about Thompsons (or any other Shop matter) will remain unanswered now as we are about to set off from home but you can be assured that we will deal with them when we return in about 3 weeks.

Happy modelling.

Gill & Alan

memsek

Quote from: zopadooper on October 02, 2016, 06:36:07 PM

If you haven't received an email then it is probably because you have failed to advise the Society that you have changed your email address since joining.  We have had hundreds of bounced emails from incorrect addresses.
Gill Reed - N Gauge Society Shop Manager
Alan Reed - N Gauge Society Treasurer

I am acting as postbox, and collating online Thompson balance payments (and trying to sort out any queries that arise over them) ready to pass on to Gill when she and Alan return from hols so that she can get a flying start!

I have put a news item on the main Society website aimed at people who have not received an email, to enable them to nevertheless get their payments in.  Several responses have come in already from members for whom we had email addresses which have since changed.

So if you are one of the 'hundreds' who didn't get an email, please have a look at http://www.ngaugesociety.com/

Mike Bloomfield
NGS Mem.Sec.

Chris in Prague

I received my emails about both Thompson BGs (BR Lined Maroon and BR Blue) and look forward to receiving them, which will, no doubt, take a while longer as I don't live in the U.K. I'm also looking forward to receiving them but, until then, would also welcome reviews and pictures from those who have received theirs (should be any day, now?).

BTW, despite a little chaos, I also received both my Collett BGs (BR Lined Maroon and BR Blue) and am very happy with them, too.

Many thanks to all at the NGS who make such wonderful models possible for us to enjoy.

Jerry Howlett

Got the email but am waiting for the dust to settle after the latest credit card bill arrived.
Plus the £90 pound cash that was taken from the hole in the walls on last weekends visit for "sundries" ok BEER...

I will send payment soon.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Papyrus

:bounce:  :claphappy:

Happy to report that a parcel flopped through my letter box this morning containing two beautiful BGs, in teak and crimson and cream. They look fantastic on first inspection. I'm looking forward to seeing them on my layout, when I can actually get back to it again... Thank you N Gauge Society!

Cheers,

Chris

Fardap

My parcel of three (Teak, Crimson & Cream and Crimson) arrived today, look lovely will have a look inside the boxes at lunchtime!

Chris in Prague

Many thanks for these initial photos. of what look like lovely models. I look forward to seeing the unboxed photos. (Although I ordered BR Lined Maroon and BR blue versions.)

CliveH

mr bachmann

they look nice - lets hope there's some left for normal orders '

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations