Valuation on locos

Started by RST, December 20, 2013, 09:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RST

Hi,

I've changed from BR green to blue and later era now and have a few Farish locos etc I'm thinking of selling to fund changing over.  With all the E-Bay bashing, I'm scared now of advertising them at the wrong price on here.  Do you think these prices are reasonable or am I wasting my time?  They are all based on comparable internet sales prices, so I think they're pretty reasonable.

• BR Green GWR railcar, non-dcc.  Perfect runner on DC, no DCC socket, creeps down to a standstill.  £55
    BR 2 tone green class 24.  Currently running perfectly on DCC, chip will be removed before sale.  £50
    BR 2 tone green class 25.  Brand new, no 6 pin socket, not tested or run yet.  £45
    Early crest BR black Jinty tank, no DCC socket, ran OK on DC.  £30

These two I'm undecided as I'm comparing costs to replace / modify to BR blue / DCC:

• BR 2 tone green Class 20.  Perfect runner, DC or DCC, chip would be removed prior to sale.  £55
    BR green class 08.  New, no DCC socket, not run in yet but does run very well on the short runs on DC so far.  £50
    BR green with speed whiskers 3 car Class 108 DMU.  Used to run perfect on DC and DCC, all of a sudden developed running issues and I've noticed the chassis in the drive loco now has got slightly bent from installing / removing DCC chip.  Only mark on it is a tiny white spot on the centre coach roof.  £40 as a spares / repairs.  £55 if I get it running (may just need oiling and a good run-in back on DC)

Also, I will never use these now...

• GWR chocolate / cream autocoach (Dapol).  £15
    LMS crimson 6 wheeled stove R (NGS / Dapol). £20

...Condition-wise unless stated everything as new, or near-as complete with the boxes and fittings etc.  Everything would be tested again before advertising, but better if the new owner runs them in properly.

NB: This is NOT a FS thread and they WON'T be auctioned off.

Cheers,

Richard

EtchedPixels

I think it depends on the question being asked. Do you want the replacement or ebay value ?  Remember offers vanish so cheap 108s now is not always cheap by July

If I was selling right now they seem sensible but given time low special offer prices can vanish and you might get more if you wait in some cases
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

RST

I never post anything without tracking and insurance and I always cover the full replacement value so that's got no bearing on the valuations.  Generally I'll cover up to half the postage costs. Those are the item prices.

Newportnobby

Hi Richard,
As EP says the prices look OK at the moment so I would suggest you place them in our Classifieds section and see whether you get any response. It means you will need to take pics to allow the Mods to approve the listings but you'd have to do that for Fleabay anyway

Agrippa

If you're not keen on Ebay, understandable from a seller's point of view after reading some of the tales  in other sections of the forum, why not put an item in the classifieds to test the water. You've nothing to lose if you put a  fixed price on it. Other alternative would be selling to a dealer , but you'd probably get washers for them.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £10.67
Below Goal: £89.33
Site Currency: GBP
 11%
May Donations