Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow

Started by Newportnobby, June 22, 2018, 08:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fardap

I had noticed it being slow the other day, everything else on the web was fine but it was slow to respond; restarted browser etc. still sluggish.

Today it is zipping along though.

Bealman

Continues to be OK here.

Ah well, if you're going to move, Mick, it's only one more long haul to Australia  >:D :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on July 02, 2018, 10:40:47 AM
Ah well, if you're going to move, Mick, it's only one more long haul to Australia

But I haven't done anything wrong! Honest, Guv, it wasn't me :no: :P

Bealman

Bring a load of bread with ya.

We're a bit short here in the colonies  ;)

Bealman

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on July 02, 2018, 11:20:18 AM
Is that you  ;)

No. My bike doesn't have that many cylinders :(

@Only Me
Very good. Helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike, but very good.

Newportnobby

Just clicked on 'Mark all messages as read' and waited, and waited, and waited and  :doh:

Newportnobby

Now where have I heard that before? :hmmm:
No issues with other sites, like I say

Yet_Another

I'm with you, NPN. The database queries that build the pages are fine, but every so often there is no response until *stop* & *refresh* are hit, when normal service is resumed. This is platform & provider agnostic. Apple/Windows/ mobile/landline.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Tank

Not had any problems all day from this end.

Tank

Bealman

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on July 05, 2018, 09:59:22 PM
It must your post count!   :jawdropping:

If each post was a mile then I have more than circumnavigated the earth :)

Newportnobby

You're probably as tired of reading this as I am in typing it but there's just no rhyme or reason to it.
One minute the forum speed is tazzing along and then, for no apparent reason, someone puts the brakes on. Read a post, press 'Home', click on 'Read all unread posts' and then go make a coffee while it loads ::) Every time I try to give a 'Thank You' the page just hangs with a bar at the top saying 'Loading.....'. Sometime the page even goes blank while it thinks about whether to show anything or not. Grrrrrr.

Quote from: Only Me on July 05, 2018, 02:31:48 PM
Mick, its fine here so can only assume the issue is with your machine not refreshing  or your broadband

And before this old hackneyed thing gets trotted out again I have no issues with my e mail system, model shop sites, BBC weather or the Kawasaki Club forum etc :P

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations