Slow, slow, quick, quick, slow

Started by Newportnobby, June 22, 2018, 08:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Is it just me or is the forum a bit 'all over the place' lately?
Normally it all churns over at a reasonable speed but all of a sudden in replying to a post or reading all unread posts and it just hangs for what seems ages.
Likewise, most of the time when I give a 'Thank You' it just hangs while 'Loading' is displayed at the top of the page. This often takes so long I abandon the 'Thank You' and just move on by pressing 'Home' and then reading the next unread post.
If it's just me then I'll shut up and suffer.

crewearpley40

i have had the same issues, checked my connections, equipment, glad somebody else has noticed

port perran

I too have noticed the same.
It's not too bad but just a bit of a niggle sometimes.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 22, 2018, 08:51:45 PM
and it just hangs for what seems ages.

Unfortunately, that is normal for me, living where I do. The, (slightly better), internet connection at work is the only reason I work part-time and have not fully retired!  (Well, that and the money of course). ;D

And another reason why I am looking to return to blighty in the not too distant future.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

njee20

Yet_Another

Yep, randomly hangs, irrespective of which connection I'm using
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Jerry Howlett

For me looking at unread posts brings up 6 or 7... I used to get 1999 pages or I may be exagerating a bit.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Caz

Probably talking this up but not having any problems here in Spain.   :P
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Yet_Another

No, no, slow, slow!

Just wouldn't load one particular page.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Bealman

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 26, 2018, 04:22:24 PM
Is there anyone out there?
It's still going on.

Yeah, I'm still here, Mick, but didn't want to say anything that might upset you cos there's no problems here  :P
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

port perran

Just after 3pm today and it's slow, slow, almost stopped, slow I'm afraid.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

It's totally inconsistent. One minute it's racing along and then, for one or two posts or replies, it just hangs. Then it's off again like a good 'un. I don't have any such issues with other websites.
I agree BT Infinity speeds are not the best they could be in my area but they are the best of a bad lot. I won't contemplate a smart phone as reception in this area is  :censored:awful on all networks so my prehistoric mobile doesn't even work at home ::) (Mind you, my last company supplied me with a mobile phone which didn't work at their premises :doh:)

Maybe your solution is that I move home. Happy to do so if you care to underwrite my mortgage :P ;)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations