Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Tidbury

Martin
  Rumers husband Rob Shirakbari who was musical director for Burt Bacharach for many years had a lot to do with the production and allso played on the album .They lived in Macon in America but moved back to London this month .
Rumer is British but was born in India ,she lived in London as a young girl and worked as a waitress and busking to make a bit more money ,one of the first CDs she sang on was in a group called Stereo Venus ,She has sung for Barak Obama at the Whitehouse and Burt Bacharach at his house and did a programe from Daryl Halls house and sung for many other well known people .
But Im sure you dont really want to know more .
Bob Tidbury

port perran

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on August 14, 2020, 08:44:19 PM
Martin
  Rumers husband Rob Shirakbari who was musical director for Burt Bacharach for many years had a lot to do with the production and allso played on the album .They lived in Macon in America but moved back to London this month .
Rumer is British but was born in India ,she lived in London as a young girl and worked as a waitress and busking to make a bit more money ,one of the first CDs she sang on was in a group called Stereo Venus ,She has sung for Barak Obama at the Whitehouse and Burt Bacharach at his house and did a programe from Daryl Halls house and sung for many other well known people .
But Im sure you dont really want to know more .
Bob Tidbury
Thanks Bob. I'm always interested in researching new artists and listening to new music (Spotify is great for that).
Just had a listen to John Sebastian's Girl by Stereo Venus and I'm rather taken with that. I shall listen to more tomorrow.
You are obviously a big fan of Rumer.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Bob Tidbury

Martin
Only too hapy to spread the word glad you like Rumers music and yes I am a big fan . I have a varied taste in music ,I like folk music but not the finger in the ear stuff , I like Big Band thats why our son is  called GLENN after Glenn Miller ,Country and  Western ,Motown ,some Reggae But not eveything in those I just pick somthing I like and disregard the rest two of my favourite Folk groups  are Tudor Lodge , and Bass and Taylor of Two Coats Colder and Their N gauge layout  Ambleton Vale the coffee table layout Feldspar and the new layout White Meadow Quarries
But Rumer is my favourite  my wife and I went to a Rumer concert at the Barbican .Val only came to keep me company but ended up calling for more at
the end  .I have all her albums but would like to collect the EPs and singles if I could but some are very rare and worth a fortune to real collectors so I will have to manage with what Ive got
Bob Tidbury

Trainfish

It's my birthday, of course I'm happy, I managed another year !

:beers: :beers: :beers:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

A very Happy Birthday to you John - hope you get lots of presents!  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

crewearpley40

Quote from: Trainfish on August 17, 2020, 12:26:14 PM

happy birthday john from us all

Dorsetmike

Just back from eye unit after cataract op all I need to do now is wait for the patch to come off the left eye, glasses won't fit over it so I'm using a headband magnifier to use K/B and screen, problem is it's  not so easy to see both at same time.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

dannyboy

Quote from: Dorsetmike on August 17, 2020, 12:44:19 PM
problem is it's  not so easy to see both at same time.

I hope things soon get back to normal for you Mike.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Malc

So presumably you'll need new glasses, Mike?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

themadhippy

Quoteso I'm using a headband magnifier to use K/B and screen
Hold the ctrl key and  turn scroll wheel on your mouse to magnify the screen
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Newportnobby

Happy Birthday, John. I bet there's a heap of N gauge packages somewhere Mrs Trainfish doesn't know about you'll be sneaking in and opening.

Skyline2uk

Happy Birthday John, will have to PM you about a visit?

Skyline2uk

stevewalker

We've had a great day here today, although the weekend was bad. My wife didn't sleep at all on Saturday night and both of us not much on Sunday, as our 1 year old cat went missing on Thursday night/Friday morning. We printed off flyers and put them through doors all around, plus messages on the local Facebook group.

Today he re-appeared and was ravenous, so we can only assume that he was locked in someone's shed or garage. He re-appeared two minutes before we were due to go out (so two of our three children stayed behind and fed and fussed him) as today was also our eldest son's 17th birthday and our 18th Wedding Anniversary. All in all an excellent day!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: stevewalker on August 17, 2020, 10:18:49 PM
We've had a great day here today, although the weekend was bad. My wife didn't sleep at all on Saturday night and both of us not much on Sunday, as our 1 year old cat went missing on Thursday night/Friday morning. We printed off flyers and put them through doors all around, plus messages on the local Facebook group.

Today he re-appeared and was ravenous, so we can only assume that he was locked in someone's shed or garage. He re-appeared two minutes before we were due to go out (so two of our three children stayed behind and fed and fussed him) as today was also our eldest son's 17th birthday and our 18th Wedding Anniversary. All in all an excellent day!

That's fantastic news.

As a moggy landlord (let's be honest do we ever really "own" them?!) I have had one go missing and it was not a pleasant 24 hours.

They do like to investigate things so no doubt you are correct in him being locked up.... :doh:

Best to all

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

Quote from: Skyline2uk on August 17, 2020, 02:30:52 PM

Happy Birthday John, will have to PM you about a visit?

Skyline2uk

Absolutely Adam. I haven't been in the loft for a few weeks due to it turning into a sauna during the summer but I am planning to return there soon even if it's just to sweat off the recently consumed beer. Just let me know when and I'm sure I can accomodate you, I'm here most of the time at the moment.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations