what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ngaugepaul

Radio Paradise
A US internet station run by a couple probably in their 60's who's musical taste seems to mirror my own
Give it a try.
You never know

ntpntpntp

For the metallers among us  :D    My lad's the lefty bass player :-)

EP out tomorrow (24th Nov)  :D
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

markie

Sound of the 70's with Johnnie Walker, (yesterdays replay)

Malc

Always interested in what you are listening to @Newportnobby . Prompts me to dig out my Neil Young albums.
This is Neil unplugged, a track from the Harvest album.

https://youtu.be/Hd3oqvnDKQk
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

joe cassidy

Newportnobby

@Malc
I think we have similar taste in music as I can often tell from the music it's you posting before I see the name.
Here's one of my Lizzy favourites with the same line-up as when I saw them at Bristol Colston Hall on their farewell tour :(

Malc

It's a great track. I have Vagabonds, Fighting and Jailbreak, but went off music in the late 70s so haven't heard much of their later stuff. I might just have to buy Thunder and Lightning. I see Scott Gorham is still playing with the Black Star Riders.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

I consider myself to have been very lucky to have seen Black Star Riders at Butlins a few years ago (2015 maybe?) just when they were starting to become well known. I never saw Lizzy but when I clsoed my eyes and listened I could have sworn that's who I was listening to. Brought a tear to my eye it did  :'(
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

See my latest Youtube video                          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
See a random video of mine                           >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
An even older random video of mine             >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<

Trainfish

Not the best sound or visual quality but Hawkwind on Tuesday night at the Royal Albert Hall was awesome!

Someone else posted a better quality video albeit a different track from Tuesday night

John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

I saw Hawkwind several times in the days of 'Space Ritual' and Stacia ( :D) and have several of their albums. Space Rock rules ;D

Newportnobby

One of my favourite bands. Saw them at the De Montfort, Leicester.

Trainfish

I reckon we'll see you at Butlins one day Mick. I've seen Focus several times including January 2019 as below and 2015, they have always been good.

John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

That's one helluva line-up :goggleeyes:
Sadly I can't do gigs since my heart op as the sheer volume would probably kick off my defibrillator implant. Likewise I can't go to the cinema. Too uncomfortable :(

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations