what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LASteve

Quote from: TrevL on November 12, 2019, 09:41:31 AM
Yes, but what was the song? :sorrysign:  I love an earworm, I usually hum them when I'm walking my dog.

"Uptown, Top Ranking" by Althea and Donna. I still can't get the damn thing out of my head.

Malc

Quote from: LASteve on November 12, 2019, 04:09:16 PM
Yes, but what was the song? :sorrysign:  I love an earworm, I usually hum them when I'm walking my dog.

"Uptown, Top Ranking" by Althea and Donna. I still can't get the damn thing out of my head.
Now come on Steve. It's not half as bad as my pet hate. Sugar Sugar by the Archies.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Philip.

Quote from: Malc on November 12, 2019, 04:20:28 PM
Quote from: LASteve on November 12, 2019, 04:09:16 PM

Now come on Steve. It's not half as bad as my pet hate. Sugar Sugar by the Archies.

Sugar Sugar was the first record I ever bought, cracking song  :D

tutenkhamunsleeping

LASteve

Quote from: Philip. on November 12, 2019, 05:21:09 PM
Quote from: Malc on November 12, 2019, 04:20:28 PM

Sugar Sugar was the first record I ever bought, cracking song  :D

I actually quite liked it. The cartoon was weird though, and the dog was flat-out creepy.

Newportnobby

And who remembers the Sakkarin version? :sick2:
It always struck me the people dancing were doing it to a very different one playing.
A prime example is the Thin Lizzy 'Whiskey in the jar' on TOTP

Malc

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 12, 2019, 09:13:36 PM
And who remembers the Sakkarin version? :sick2:
Never liked much that Jonathon King did.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Trainfish

Not right now but just over 24 hours ago I was listening, watching and videoing this at the Forum in Bath:

And on Tuesday next week I will be in that London watching these at the Royal Albert Hall:

John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

See my latest Youtube video                          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
See a random video of mine                           >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
An even older random video of mine             >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<

Bealman

Last night, the strains of U2 drifting through the open window from the Sydney Cricket Ground while babysitting Grandbealette while her mum, dad and two aunties were at the concert.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Derwentbob

Tonight's playlist includes:

Pictures at an exhibition- Modest Mussorgsky
7th Symphony - Beethoven
Ma Vlast - Bedrich Smetana
Her Ghost in the Fog - Cradle of Filth
Headbanger Facerip- Municipal Waste
Bomber - Motorhead
Diggy Diggy Hole - Wind Rose

Might break out some Handel or Nuclear Assault later.

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on November 22, 2019, 11:25:45 PM
Last night, the strains of U2 drifting through the open window from the Sydney Cricket Ground while babysitting Grandbealette while her mum, dad and two aunties were at the concert.

I saw them in 2009 at the Millenium stadium in Cardiff. I had a rubbish phone for videos then:

Brilliant gig though
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

See my latest Youtube video                          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
See a random video of mine                           >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
An even older random video of mine             >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<

Bealman

Yep, the 360 tour. I saw the Australian leg in November of 2010.

Unfortunately, nine years later, I'm relegated to babysitting duties. There's another concert tonight that we could have gone to, but with my foot still in a moonboot, I've abandoned the idea.

Getting old sucks.  :thumbsdown:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

LASteve

Impressive U2 sacrifice there. The Management and I saw the concert at the Rose Bowl in 2017 when the Joshua Tree Tour was kicking off. I still have the vinyl of the original release, I would have worn it flat by now if CD and MP4 hadn't been invented.

Great concert, one of the best we've ever seen, and we have a lot to pick from between the two of us.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations