what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

The flock of Green Parrots in the tree outside my window.

It's a crab apple and they strip it bare for the seeds.

Philip.

Paris Angels - Perfume (Loved up) one of my favourite indie/dance songs ever, vastly underated imo

Malc

A bit of IMHO the best rock band in the world. Off the Who's Next album.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

As my vinyl albums are a little inaccessible, I've just bought Camel's "Rain Dances" and "Mirage" CDs so am bending a lughole to them. :)

tutenkhamunsleeping

Awesome. I had a Raindances tour t-shirt, long since gone the way of the duster.

Currently playing XTC Transistor Blast box.

Malc

A bit of prog rock from the early 70s. It is also a theme tune to some program or other, but I can't remember which one.

Newportnobby

Just for @Bealman and any other anti-podeans who may be looking in, I don't have much Aussie stuff on my iPod but apart from INXS I'm playing some Icehouse and Men at Work e.g.

Malc

A little bit of AC/DC, keeping up the antipodean theme.

Newportnobby

One of the greatest (IMO) rock vocalists and two virtuosi of the Gibson on my favourite version of this.......

Malc

Newportnobby

Quote from: Malc on July 18, 2019, 05:36:03 PM
Scott Gorham and John Sykes?

Correct. I saw them at the Colston Hall, Bristol on their farewell tour and that was the line up :(

crewearpley40

well last night ....

Karina Canellakis made history, as the first woman to conduct the First Night of the BBC Proms.   Her opening night kicked off with a complex, layered new work by Canadian composer Zosha Di Castri.

Long Is the Journey - Short Is the Memory was commissioned to mark the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 Moon landing, and explored everything from the dark, brooding exploration of space to man's first weightless steps on the lunar surface.

Di Castri managed to convey the eerie loneliness of that first moonwalk in a section where the orchestra rubbed together paper bags, blew compressed air into milk bottles, and scraped tuning keys across harp strings, while a lone oboe represented the awestruck wonder of astronauts Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong.

The chorus, meanwhile, sang an evocative text by Chinese-British author Xiaolu Guo: "We stepped out and bounced, skipped, swang wide, set the flag on the silent lunar surface."

Researching the piece left a major impression on the composer, who had never before considered the monumental human effort behind the Moon landings.

sure to look out for the recording if that interested but i just switched on the radio, twiddled knobs and what ? i said ....

sounded interesting !!!!!

so i had to check the www.bbc.co.uk

Malc

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations