what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dickydcc

At the moment I am listening to Norwich beating Hull 2-0!!!!

OTBC!!!!!

themadhippy

The lp  is a favoruite of mine ,especialy  tv ,but recently i got the cd  version from japan   that included this bonus track

cant stop playing it,its very very very......
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Train Waiting

Quote from: port perran on March 03, 2019, 10:04:08 AM
is he a lesser spotted, great spotted or green version?
We have a regular lesser spotted which we see allmost daily.
There's a green about occasionally (we hear his laughing call) but we rarely see him.

Sorry for the delay in replying, Martin.

Great Spotted Woodpecker.  I've only seen him a couple of times, and, given the passing of the years, I might have seen different generations of Woody.  A bit like Percy, our resident blackbird, who has possibly not been in our garden since we moved here 28 1/2 years ago.  Doesn't stop me saying, "'Morning Percy!" when I see him, though... 

I've only ever seen one Green Woodpecker.  In Peterborough!  Probably called a 'Yaffle' there.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

rogerdB

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 22, 2019, 09:03:12 PM
Classics night tonight.................

Likewise, but Beethoven Eroica played from memory, recorded from the 2017 Proms.

LASteve

Have you tried the Google Doodle J.S.Bach? You can compose your own masterpiece, and Google adds the 2,3 and 4 part harmonies for you based on a study of Bach's compositions. Cool Machine Learning!

LASteve

Also, in response to Weezer deciding that a note-for-note cover of the original was a good idea, here's our favorite Norwegian thrash metal artist (and friends) cover of the same:

rogerdB

Quote from: LASteve on March 22, 2019, 10:21:47 PM
Have you tried the Google Doodle J.S.Bach? You can compose your own masterpiece, and Google adds the 2,3 and 4 part harmonies for you based on a study of Bach's compositions. Cool Machine Learning!

Thanks Steve, that's clever! Only had a brief play, but will try it again when my head's a bit clearer than it is today. I'm no Bach, though!

Dancess

Flower Power Radio on the Oldies Radio App, good when you're trying to lay track.
S&D lives on - sort of!

Philip.

Newportnobby

That's one convoluted track title!

Some old stuff from my youth..........

(Must get to listen to some more of their 'stuff')

Malc

Would you buy any now? From Selling England by the Pound.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

guest311

joe cassidy

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations