how much!

Started by rodders, March 01, 2013, 11:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodders

Hello reading person,  I've been trying to get a 57xx for my layout to replace the model i have now that needs a new drive cog.  and another that sounds like the big end's gone.  pre owned prices have been getting quite scary.  Hattons and model railways direct are quoting £55.00 +£4.00 post for the new (pre ordered) Dapol  but as yet no sign of any models for this release at the mo.  so i bin looking at second hand  and bidding more and more.  Getting fed up and impatient, Tuesday i bid £62 on a tidy model plus £6.00 post. I was ready for therapy, in a big way!  THEN, some fat wallet done a last second ambush (or bacon tree)  bid@ £70.00 +6 post! Doom and gloom all day, having managed NOT to jump off the high pavement's  today, i was just looking through fleabay  30 mins ago i came across a tidy 57xx B I Now £30.00+ £3.00 post, so i bought it! I'll probably trip up and fall in a large puddle tomorrow, but I don't care, funny old life innit? ( whoo, whoo and other steamy noises)  rodders
After I explained to my wife, that when I said I fancied doing some modelling, I  meant with trains, not Victoria's secret fashion show, she quite warmed to the idea!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations