Forum Issues

Started by Tank, July 19, 2023, 05:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 22, 2023, 10:01:46 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2023, 09:55:48 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 22, 2023, 09:52:14 PMIn the meantime I do hope the following are still on the 'to do' list

No facility to 'Insert Quote' which we used to have and was hugely useful

Cannot bookmark a thread, and all my previous bookmarks have vanished which will be a real  :censored:  :censored:

Quote button is either on a post you want to reply to, or there is a quote button in the 'new post' box, with the smilies.

Not the same thing as 'Insert Quote' :no:
When posting a reply we used to be able to look down the previous posts and quote from one, say, 10 posts back.
As it stands it's causing multiple posts rather than one post with several quotes in it

Also the NGF Links have gorn AWOL
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 22, 2023, 10:01:46 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2023, 09:55:48 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 22, 2023, 09:52:14 PMIn the meantime I do hope the following are still on the 'to do' list

No facility to 'Insert Quote' which we used to have and was hugely useful

Cannot bookmark a thread, and all my previous bookmarks have vanished which will be a real  :censored:  :censored:

Quote button is either on a post you want to reply to, or there is a quote button in the 'new post' box, with the smilies.

Not the same thing as 'Insert Quote' :no:
When posting a reply we used to be able to look down the previous posts and quote from one, say, 10 posts back.
As it stands it's causing multiple posts rather than one post with several quotes in it

Also the NGF Links have gorn AWOL
agree with you mick. Plenty to get on with and some helpful replies to other queries I've had. There maybe some issues posting photos which ntpntpntp replied as did Chris at dawlish

He suggested

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=47727.870

May be old method  needs work which Tank knows

I'm saving into the gallery then following Chris method

Bit of a hard one but anyone else having fun posting photos ?

NGFTech

Some of those are cosmetic issues to be worked out later, we are sorting loading at the moment.

Since my last post about an hour ago did anyone experience pages taking longer than 10 seconds to load?

crewearpley40

Jean. Yes. Around 7 8pm ..maybe congestion, traffic,on the line, signal masts ?

NGFTech

crewearpley40, I like your analogy of the cause.

crewearpley40

Your welcome Jean. If it helps I'm working on a phone.  Some work on pcs which I cannot use the work laptop. If its slow and every person in UK probably on a device, laptop, phone the masts and signals naybe busy with every networks. Could this be a cause ? I noticed bbc website was slow so I refreshed and cleared caches and was patient.

NGFTech

Crewearpley40, when you encounter problems with multiple sites it is usually your own at home router, internet connection or computer. When it is just this site it is some software issue 95% of the time. One of the problems is the server software is newer than the forum software or scripts so they cause each other problems.

Bealman

Interesting. I've just logged on using my laptop and the info I requested in post #120 is visible on the laptop, although not on my phone.

However on the laptop, there is a huge blank gap between the forum banner at the top, and the list of forum threads. Trivial, I know, as everything else seems fine. However I just wondered if anyone has also experienced this?
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

Thanks take your word for it.

chrism

Quote from: Bealman on July 23, 2023, 05:27:44 AMHowever on the laptop, there is a huge blank gap between the forum banner at the top, and the list of forum threads. Trivial, I know, as everything else seems fine. However I just wondered if anyone has also experienced this?

Yes, I get that too - I was wondering if it was only me or my browser but haven't had a chance yet to try other browsers.

Sharkey51

Home page displays okay on my laptop/Google Chrome combination.

ntpntpntp

Certainly noticed some excessive slowness yesterday evening when loading pages, saving post replies, even things like calling up the drop-down menu under my profile top right of the page.

This morning all is flying along nicely :)

I haven't noticed any formatting or page layout problems on my new laptop (Edge browser).  I'll try my older laptop and desktop with Chrome tomorrow when I'm based in my office room rather than the living room sofa :)
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Tank

Many thanks to NGF Tech for getting on here and fixing the issue.  Hopefully it's all done. :D

Tank

Quote from: Bealman on July 22, 2023, 11:42:21 PMAny chance of getting back the column that used to be on the right telling who the last poster on a thread was, and when?

Do you mean when you've hit 'Unread Posts'?  It's still there.  Unless you mean somewhere else.  ???

Bealman

Yeah, all OK now, but I still have a blank screen on my laptop.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations