So Who's in Self Isolation?

Started by Mr Sprue, March 23, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nbodger

Quote from: Snowwolflair on May 11, 2020, 01:16:54 PM
I'm sorry but the situation is far too serious to make fun of any politician at the moment.  they are all doing their best and what they do might just save your life.  Undermining them in any way is dangerous.  So I think comedians and a lot of journalists should all go back into their boxes.

I have to totally agree as one of the 1.5 million people in the UK being shielded and not seen past the house boundary since lockdown. Not even been able to take our dogs for a walk and desperate to go for a long walk as I normally did.

Stay safe and take care

Mike H 8)

Trainfish

I'd vote for @stevewalker  if you run for PM in the future. That was far easier to understand in a lot less words. You will have to re-invent common sense though, it seems to be rather lacking in places right now.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Mr Sprue

Where I live near Romford (London Borough of Havering) Judging by the numbers of people in my local high street and the volume of traffic today, you would have thought the lockdown had ended!

So the way I saw this situation either people are now just bored and blatantly ignoring government orders or confused about the PM's announcement last night.   

P.S My car journey today was a necessary outing for my work! 

Michael Shillabeer

The railway companies need to go back to compartmental coaching stock.

daffy

Just in case you want to read the entire 50 page Covid 19 Recovery Strategy as just issued by the UK Government, here it is.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/884171/FINAL_6.6637_CO_HMG_C19_Recovery_FINAL_110520_v2_WEB__1_.pdf

Avoids the spin and opinion added by press outlets.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Michael Shillabeer on May 11, 2020, 04:34:34 PM
The railway companies need to go back to compartmental coaching stock.

In the current situation that wouldn't be a bad idea.

I don't know about the underground though, this picture was supposedly taken this morning, so I guess these people also didn't clearly understand the PMs announcement last night!

The Q

Quote from: Nbodger on May 11, 2020, 03:28:09 PM
Quote from: Snowwolflair on May 11, 2020, 01:16:54 PM
I'm sorry but the situation is far too serious to make fun of any politician at the moment.  they are all doing their best and what they do might just save your life.  Undermining them in any way is dangerous.  So I think comedians and a lot of journalists should all go back into their boxes.

I have to totally agree as one of the 1.5 million people in the UK being shielded and not seen past the house boundary since lockdown. Not even been able to take our dogs for a walk and desperate to go for a long walk as I normally did.

Stay safe and take care

Mike H 8)

I'm lucky in that although shielding,  I live out in the countryside,  taking the dog out each day,  in the last six weeks I've seen six people,  Two pairs and two singles ( one of those my neighbour shielding due to cancer) .  At each meeting, I or they moved back into the nearest gap in the hedge,  or gateway and the the other passed by on the far side of the lane.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: The Q on May 11, 2020, 06:10:12 PM
I'm lucky in that although shielding,  I live out in the countryside,  taking the dog out each day,  in the last six weeks I've seen six people,  Two pairs and two singles ( one of those my neighbour shielding due to cancer) .  At each meeting, I or they moved back into the nearest gap in the hedge,  or gateway and the the other passed by on the far side of the lane.

My friend you are very lucky indeed.

Here in London we have the highest death rate in the UK and while our household along with many in the area are adhering to the isolation requirements, we are blessed with mindless idiots in neighbouring streets who have held VE Day parties!

So its no wonder I feel pretty peeved off with our PM's bumbling speech. I do respect our government is trying its best to fumble its way through this pandemic for us, but from where I am standing and what I have witnessed today we will be heading for another spike if people are not told clearly what to do, as it is quite evident that there many who do not possess common sense or are able to use their brains!

Nbodger

Quote from: Mr Sprue on May 11, 2020, 07:41:09 PM

My friend you are very lucky indeed.

Here in London we have the highest death rate in the UK and while our household along with many in the area are adhering to the isolation requirements, we are blessed with mindless idiots in neighbouring streets who have held VE Day parties!

So its no wonder I feel pretty peeved off with our PM's bumbling speech. I do respect our government is trying its best to fumble its way through this pandemic for us, but from where I am standing and what I have witnessed today we will be heading for another spike if people are not told clearly what to do, as it is quite evident that there many who do not possess common sense or are able to use their brains!

I can sympathise with you comments regarding the London area and the last thing we need is a spike in cases.

We are lucky here in East Yorkshire with few cases compared to the south of the country. I live in small town of some 10,000 people, although on the edge with access to country walks at the end of our road. I usually walk our dogs down these paths and along the banks of the Humber and usually see very few people. Since I have been sheltering as instructed by the hospital, my wife has had to take the dogs out, she has tried different times of the day but the country walks have become like Piccadilly Circus with people jogging, walking and some trying to stroke the dogs which are walked off lead.

Mike H  8)

Mr Sprue

@Nbodger

In the London Borough of Havering Mike we have just short of 260,000, so at this moment in time I envy you guys residing in the lower populated areas.

However I sort of still like living in the Essex end of London as there are many places at your reach and much to do. but having said that I still after all these years miss my beloved Isle of Wight, especially with all this going on I wouldn't mind being back there!

Stay clean ....Stay safe
Dave

joe cassidy

Lockdown ended in France yesterday.

This morning 'Er indoors went back to being 'Er at the office.

As a 'rock & roller' no change for me.

Newportnobby

Yeehah :claphappy:
According to Motor Cycle News the government is allowing us bikers out as from tomorrow provided social distancing is maintained :thumbsup:
Must stay in England, though. :)

honestjudge

Quote from: daffy on May 11, 2020, 05:41:59 PM
Just in case you want to read the entire 50 page Covid 19 Recovery Strategy as just issued by the UK Government, here it is.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/884171/FINAL_6.6637_CO_HMG_C19_Recovery_FINAL_110520_v2_WEB__1_.pdf

Avoids the spin and opinion added by press outlets.

Completely agree and the document sets out the governments pathway well. It makes sober reading. It also encourages people to use a bit of commonsense instead of the public's desire to be micromanaged.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 12, 2020, 12:03:09 PM
Yeehah :claphappy:
According to Motor Cycle News the government is allowing us bikers out as from tomorrow provided social distancing is maintained :thumbsup:
Must stay in England, though. :)

Well that wont be too much of an issue if your behind an R1 Mick!  :D

themadhippy

QuoteAccording to Motor Cycle News the government is allowing us bikers out as from tomorrow provided social distancing is maintained
wonder if banks and petrol stations will still insist you remove your skid lid?
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations