Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

Quote from: mereman on September 05, 2013, 01:20:28 PM
I hate to think what that makes me*.. with all of 4 locos :D

*Please be kind when you answer that ;D

Well you've got to start somewhere, I started with only two, that grew to over 50 before I got made redundant and has since regrown to over 20 with about half a dozen more in various stages of construction (read hacking and bashing)

Nil perspirandum!
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Newportnobby

My dear Mum dragged me out to Bygone Times at Ecclestone which, for those who don't know it, is basically a warehouse full of bric-a-brac and collectibles (in other words piles of expensive  :poop:)
However, in a small glass cabinet I spied this Peco Fish Van reference NR6 and got it for a fiver :thumbsup:

The original card with it states on the reverse "other Peco wagons can be seen in the Peco Catalogue priced at 3/- :D
I think my oldest Peco catalogue is 1998 and it doesn't appear in that, although my 2000 edition does show an NR6B Fish Van in white.
Having measured the length of the van it appears to come out at 54mm (27ft in real money).
Does anyone know anything about these vans please (apart from being used to transport fish ::))

steam-driven boy

Hi,
My D1000 arrived Wednesday, oiled and run in as per instructions - very nice  :thumbsup:
[smg id=6752]
Also, some more furrin' critters, not the Kato pre-order as I was advised they're now most likely Oct/Nov.  So I put their budget into:
[smg id=6751]
Fox Valley Models NS Heritage in original Norfolk Southern as well as the Norfolk and Western schemes, also running smoothly on the rolling road :thumbsup:

Regards, Gerry.
...being a bear of very little brain...

texhorse

Very nice indeed, Gerry.  Do your Westerns and GEVOs run on the same layout?

Andy
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

mereman

Just got the camera out to show progress on layout so I thought I'd do a couple of shots of my latest train.

I certain you all know what it is (5700 with early crest not to forget the NGF wagon)
I keep forgetting to add Cheers Mike on the end of my posts....

So.....  Cheers Mike

steam-driven boy

Hi again Andy,
Quote from: texhorse on September 06, 2013, 02:00:56 PM
Very nice indeed, Gerry.  Do your Westerns and GEVOs run on the same layout?
Thanks, certainly not at the same time but, yes, on the same layout - 're-dressed' as best I can to at least hint of a US location.
The Brit stuff has to be the priority, so I'll just have to turn a deaf eye to the intended third-rail, and be less than detailed with some things like road markings perhaps.
The platforms and station buildings there-on will, for the most part, be replaceable to help the pretence along.  The only fixed platform area is as seen in the background, and that will mostly be masked by the Hotel/Booking Hall immediately above the 'hatched' area in the photo's.
Ambient and loco sounds should help the illusion along, hopefully...  ;)

I know many people happily run anything, I don't have any problem with that  :thumbsup: , but it's not for me.

Regards, Gerry  8)
...being a bear of very little brain...

stevieboy

Currently running in as we speak:

Not my era but the quality of the loco sold it to me, plus the fact the Green LC is months away.

johnlambert

Here are my purchases from TINGS:

Two Dapol B1s in BR Black (early and late crest, 61363 and 61406 respectively) and a BR Standard 3 tank.

Rolling stock

3 BR Mk1s; Crimson/Cream Composite Corridor, Chocolate/Cream Composite Corridor and RMB.  Also 3 Dapol Blue Spot fish vans (different numbers) and Graham Farish Insulated Van and Brake Van.

texhorse

Those are very nice purchases indeed John.

I may not be able to get there this time around, but I can live vicariously through other people's purchases, photos and videos!!!!

:NGaugersRule:   :photospleasesign:

Andy
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

johnlambert

Luckily (for my wallet) there were no Dapol Westerns for sale except the Osbourn's one, otherwise I might have come back with more.

texhorse

Here was my bargain for the TINGS :  SD70MAC for £38.50.  She waits to leave Blue Haven yard with a train for Indiana.

Andy

"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

portland-docks

Im going to get photos of all my new stuff when my parcels arrive as they will then include a total of...

Approximatly 8 new steam engines
3 diesels
14+ new coaches
A couple wagons
And a track cleaner :p
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Agrippa

Nice pix Willintas, especially the 3MT, which I bought earlier this year.
A great little loco, but take care in handling as the valve gear etc is
absolutely minute!  :greatpicturessign:
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

portland-docks

well couldnt remember which i have shown and which i havent so heres all my latest goodies including my latest ones from TINGS and today from Modelzone!

firstly, one of those i couldnt remember if i had shown it or not, the london met Pannier, and class 25

next onto TINGS, Ollie kindly renamed and renumbered my Std 7 "Tornado" into something that exists....Ollie!

Show Purchases now...
NGS Snowplough with Scotty Dog on :)

next up from Bachmann Returns, Black 5 and Royal Scot "Gordon Highlander"

(p.s. can someone please tell me why this royal scot doesnt have the same deflectors as Scots Gaurdsman?)

next show purchase, well had to be didnt it....

and how could i say no to this beauty...or is it the beast?

oh and of course whats a station without its totem :)

now moving onto the n gauge club, i got this not so long before TINGS during a little sale someone was having, brand new never used £50 :)

also got this off a fellow club member as hes moving from diesel to steam...and back to diesel...

now this brings me onto a honest surprise....i went to the metro center to get my contact lense eye test thingamajig, when i noticed modelzone still open, so after getting my eyes done i popped across and sure enough "3 days remaining" it says, "30% off everything" it says, ok lets have a look, never had n gauge in the past so the chances now are....hold up a full shelf of "graham farish"

so what do we have...yep i will have this and that, for a total sum of £139.98 :)

now all im waiting for is my ECS special to arrive from Old Warren Parkway, it left at 15.35 today so should be here tomorrow, being hauled by Std 7 number 70000 Britannia, and coming all the way from Japan, a little blue thing with two coaches...and waiting for it over here is...

Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations