dapol catalogue

Started by oil2435, April 16, 2012, 11:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scruff

Best make sure we don't blink then!

I heard there will be an announcement at 9am on the 18th july.. hopefully that won't be delayed!  :smiley-laughing:

Cheers

Mark

talisman56

I have the latest Dapol Collector's Club Newsletter in front of me (2nd Edition 2014).

1) It appears that the GWR 45xx, SR M7 and LMS Ivatt 2MT Tank are being rerun. These are not DCC ready but can have chips hard-wired in (at customer risk, of course).
2) Details on the reruns of the Britannias (the ND095 ones are reissues, the 2S-017 ones are new numbers):
    - ND095A 70000 Britannia
    - ND095B 70013 Oliver Cromwell
    - 2S-017-001 70006 Robert Burns BR Green Early Emblem
    - 2S-017-002 70009 Alfred the Great BR Green Late Crest
    - 2S-017-003 70015 Apollo BR Green Early Emblem
    - 2S-017-004 70021 Morning Star BR Green Late Crest
    - 2S-017-005 70025 Western Star BR Green Late Crest
    All have 'D' variants which are factory DCC fitted.
3) Details on the LNER 'B17' rerun:
    - ND079E 61655 Middlesborough BR Green Early Emblem
    - ND079F 2863 Everton LNER Apple Green
    - 2S-020-001 2864 Liverpool LNER wartime Black
    - 2S-020-002 61664 Liverpool BR Green Early Emblem
    - 2S-020-003 2671 Manchester United LNER Apple Green
    Although the blurb says all have Factory-fit DCC options, only the 2S-020 numbers have a 'D' variant listed.
4) In product development: Class 50 (CAD complete, awaiting toolroom slot), Class 59 (CAD wip), Class 142 (CAD wip), Class 33 (Toolroom), Schools (CAD wip, including work on alternate LeMaitre chimney/cab version), GWR Grange (CAD wip), LNER A4 ('Valenced versions in progress'), SR Maunsell Coaches (awaiting first decorated samples).
5a) Announcements: LNER J72 0-6-0T, Class 68 (in both N and OO)
5b) Announcement: GWR Manor ('new and improved'):
    - 2S-001-001 7810 Draycott Manor BR Lined Green Late Crest
    - 2S-001-002 7801 Anthony Manor GWR Green Shirtbutton
    - 2S-001-003 7805 Broome Manor GWR Green 'GWR' on tender
    - 2S-001-004 7821 Ditcheat Manor BR Mixed-traffic Black
    All have 'D' variants for Factory-fitted DCC.
6) Club Special Limited Editions: Insert with order form for 2S-007-014 GWR Pannier tank in BR Black Late Crest (no number specified) and 2 B Set coaches (6384/85) at £69.95 + £4.95 p&p; next one will be one of the new GWR Grange, 6873 Caradoc Grange in GWR Black with 'G crest W' on tender (£90).

My comment: what with the previous club special being the Class 22 and milk tanks, now the Pannier and B Set and the Grange to come, when do those of us who don't model the GWR get a look in on the specials?
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

MikeDunn

2 years ago, with the incorrect Silver Link ...

I wonder if Dapol will apologise to all those who bought one & offer a replacement that is correct ?  Ie with the valences ...  Somehow - I doubt it.

Karhedron

Quote from: talisman56 on July 14, 2014, 03:32:49 PM
My comment: what with the previous club special being the Class 22 and milk tanks, now the Pannier and B Set and the Grange to come, when do those of us who don't model the GWR get a look in on the specials?
Why would anyone not model the GWR?  :confused2:   :P

In all seriousness, thanks for posting the update. After the hiatus in development news, it is good to see that things seem to be moving again (I notice that the Grange CAD has just been posted on their FB page).

The Pannier/B-set seemed a curious choice for a special as they are old toolings and nothing that cannot be put together easily off the shelf. Whilst a discount is nice, I suspect that most people who want a set like this will already have one. The Grange I can understand as it may well be their next "new" model to hit the stores given the parts commonality with the Hall.

Interesting to see that the Manor is also getting a revamp. My guess is that since they will have a newly tooled up set of wheels and bogies from the Grange, they will carry those over the Manor to replace the plastic wheels they inherited from Ixion.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

talisman56

Quote from: Karhedron on July 14, 2014, 03:46:35 PM
Quote from: talisman56 on July 14, 2014, 03:32:49 PM
Why would anyone not model the GWR?  :confused2:   :P

Because it's the GWR?  :)  :P
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Karhedron

Quote from: MikeDunn on July 14, 2014, 03:44:32 PM

I wonder if Dapol will apologise to all those who bought one & offer a replacement that is correct ?  Ie with the valences ...  Somehow - I doubt it.

Why on earth would they? It is not as if it was some hidden defect. Silver Link was produced within the limitations of the model tooling that existed. Everyone could see what it was and had the choice of buying the model with known inaccuracies or spending their money elsewhere.

It is not as if they promised it would be a valanced version and then delivered something else.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Roy L S

Unlike "Western Enterprise" - incorrectly released in maroon with no yellow warning panel.

Solution  (according to a recent recipient and member of this forum) - Change the label on the box.

Classic!

Regards

Roy

MikeDunn

Quote from: Karhedron on July 14, 2014, 04:27:19 PM
It is not as if they promised it would be a valanced version and then delivered something else.
From memory - this is exactly what they implied ... and failed to deliver.

Let's be frank - an original livery Silver Link has valences.  As do all other A4s in their own release livery.  End of story.

PLD

Quote from: MikeDunn on July 14, 2014, 03:44:32 PM

Actually Silver Link is NOT 'Incorrect', just that it is not what many modellers assume it to be!!
It is infact an accurate representation of Bittern in the early 1980s when she was masquerading as Silver Link. She ran for a short time in silver without valences...

;)

Stevie DC

Quote from: PLD on July 14, 2014, 11:09:47 PMActually Silver Link is NOT 'Incorrect', just that it is not what many modellers assume it to be!!
It is infact an accurate representation of Bittern in the early 1980s when she was masquerading as Silver Link. She ran for a short time in silver without valences...

;)

Bittern when masquerading as Silverlink actually had the valances restored as well. At the time the loco was suffering from a cracked frame and was cosmetically overhauled to go on static display.

Therefore the Dapol model is incorrect regardless if it is supposed to represent the original Silverlink or Bittern as the former...

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/gallery/album_993/gallery_8020_993_67715.jpg

MikeDunn

Quote from: PLD on July 14, 2014, 11:09:47 PM
Except this isn't what Dapol claimed the model represented, as you well know.

Sprintex

I think the winking smiley at the end of Atso's post speaks volumes ;)

Paul

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Agrippa

:sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Can't find a smiley for dying of boredom...........
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations