For Sale/Wanted section?

Started by junior_7178, December 27, 2015, 10:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior_7178

Hi all, new member here.

I can't seem to find a 'For Sale & Wanted' section. Am I being thick? Most forums seem to have one but I just can't seem to find anything here.

I'm looking for a N Gauge layout so thought this forum an ideal place to start looking, as well as to start asking all my other stupid questions I'm bound to have along the way.

TylerB

I think you have to have at least 10 posts on the forum before it opens for you

NeMo

Quote from: junior_7178 on December 27, 2015, 10:55:52 AM
I'm looking for a N Gauge layout so thought this forum an ideal place to start looking, as well as to start asking all my other stupid questions I'm bound to have along the way.
Ask away... on a new thread, of course!

Lots of outstanding modellers here, plus some like me who're still blundering their way through the learning curve. I recall there was a thread somewhere about good "starter" layout designs. My "Gone Nuclear" layout was based on one of these threads, and it worked really well. Inexpensive, fun to build, and provided a quick way to develop some new skills.

Would strongly recommend joining the N Gauge Society, too. If you're not a member, it's £21 the first year (£16 thereafter, with multi-year discounts). For those starting out, you'll find the big, thick handbook you get sent fascinating reading. The Society also has all kinds of member-only kits that are a superb way to start "serious" modelling in the sense of making, rather than buying, your bits and pieces. The Journal has also changed in the last couple years, and is very much focused now on teaching modellers to make and do things rather than showing off pretty layouts created by experienced modellers.

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Sprintex

Quote from: TylerB on December 27, 2015, 10:59:02 AM
I think you have to have at least 10 posts on the forum before it opens for you

Correct :thumbsup:

Have a browse around the forum and maybe reply to a few threads, or start a new thread in the Welcome section telling us a bit  about yourself and your interests and people will reply. You'll have 10 posts before you know it and will feel more part of NGF too ;)

Paul

junior_7178

Have done as advised and put a very long and boring post up in the Welcome section. Thanks for the replies so far on here.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations