Farish / Dapol Collectors clubs ?

Started by Westbury, April 01, 2015, 06:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Georgehgv and simong
Thanks for your input and suggestions.
I have sent another email to Joel and Nicola today and may send a further email if I still get no response.
As regards Citizens Advice and Trading standards, I don't think its worth the hassle for £25.
In any event, as far as I'm concerned, Dapol no longer have my custom and I have cancelled several hundred pounds worth of pre-orders for Dapol kit and reassigned the cash to Graham Farish pre-orders.
:thankyousign:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

alibuchan

I can fully understand your annoyance but there are 2 that will loose out on not buying Dapol anymore, first is you. There is a reason that you wanted to pre-order the stuff, because you wanted it and Dapol announced it. Dapol will get their money either way because the trade pay them you are in fact hurting the shops more by having an unsold model on the shelves.

Have you tried going old fashioned and actually phoning them! Emails are useless as they are quite easy to ignore or be overlooked.

Alistair

austinbob

Quote from: alibuchan on June 09, 2015, 10:25:56 AM
I can fully understand your annoyance but there are 2 that will loose out on not buying Dapol anymore, first is you. There is a reason that you wanted to pre-order the stuff, because you wanted it and Dapol announced it. Dapol will get their money either way because the trade pay them you are in fact hurting the shops more by having an unsold model on the shelves.

Have you tried going old fashioned and actually phoning them! Emails are useless as they are quite easy to ignore or be overlooked.

Alistair
Yes, of course I have phoned them and all I get is excuses and the runaround about why the stuff has not been shipped.
The emails are not getting overlooked as I have read receipts for some of them. The b****s just don't respond!!
Also as I have reallocated the funds I was going to use for Dapol to Graham Farish instead so the trade is not losing anything.
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

austinbob

OK guys and gals lets put all this Dapol stuff behind us. What will be will be.

On a more positive note the Bachmann collectors club have just announced a new MK1 pullman BR Mk1 BCK 374-080K. I have just ordered one to go with my Farish Pullman rake on pre-order with ehattons. It looks great. http://bachmann-collectorsclub.co.uk/products/n-scale-products/n-scale-rolling-stock/n-scale-br-mk1-bck-sloa-pullman-coach-car-no-355.html
:beers:

Bob Austin

JimF

Bob, might I suggest you write up a brief summary of your experience, in a letter to a editor format. Then, one of the following.

Contact Dapol and inform them that if they do not issue you a refund, you will be sending the the major model railway magazines and the NGS Journal, as advice to others.

Option 2, and my choice if it were me, at this point, would be to just send the letter on to the magazines.

If published, it would reach a far wider audience than that of Facebook, forums, or any other social media methods.

Just a suggestion.

Jim F

austinbob

Quote from: JimF on June 09, 2015, 11:48:12 AM
Bob, might I suggest you write up a brief summary of your experience, in a letter to a editor format. Then, one of the following.

Contact Dapol and inform them that if they do not issue you a refund, you will be sending the the major model railway magazines and the NGS Journal, as advice to others.

Option 2, and my choice if it were me, at this point, would be to just send the letter on to the magazines.

If published, it would reach a far wider audience than that of Facebook, forums, or any other social media methods.

Just a suggestion.

Jim F
Thanks for your post Jim. I think I have already spent too much time on this Fiasco but for £25 it really isn't worth the hassle of pursuing this matter further.
I guess that probably sounds a bit whimpish but I don't want to start a witch hunt and would like to get back to the fun business of N gauge railway modelling.
All the best.
:beers:

Bob Austin

red_death

Quote from: austinbob on June 09, 2015, 10:51:01 AM
Yes, of course I have phoned them and all I get is excuses and the runaround about why the stuff has not been shipped.
The emails are not getting overlooked as I have read receipts for some of them.

The read receipts are not worth the paper they are printed on - they don't tell you much.

Send them a letter (preferably signed for) asking for a refund within X days.

Cheers, Mike

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on June 09, 2015, 09:57:07 AM
Georgehgv and simong
I have sent another email to Joel and Nicola today and may send a further email if I still get no response.
As regards Citizens Advice and Trading standards, I don't think its worth the hassle for £25.
In any event, as far as I'm concerned, Dapol no longer have my custom and I have cancelled several hundred pounds worth of pre-orders for Dapol kit and reassigned the cash to Graham Farish pre-orders.
Well now. Guess what? I've just received an apology from Joel Bright by email and an assurance that they will expedite a refund. They are apparently investigating what went wrong. My faith in human nature is partly restored (assuming I do receive a refund of course).
:)

Bob Austin

Newportnobby

At last there's been some response. Please keep us informed, Bob.

austinbob

Quote from: austinbob on June 09, 2015, 12:48:42 PM
Georgehgv and simong
Well now. Guess what? I've just received an apology from Joel Bright by email and an assurance that they will expedite a refund. They are apparently investigating what went wrong. My faith in human nature is partly restored (assuming I do receive a refund of course).
It is now two weeks since Joel Bright promised to 'expedite a refund'. I have checked my on-line credit card statement which shows all transactions up to and including 21st June and guess what - zilch, no refund.
Fired off another email to Joel just now.
I wonder if those who label some of us as 'Dapol bashers' would agree that issues like this require a bit of 'bashing'
Eagerly awaiting next installment of this sorry tale.
:D

Bob Austin

PaulCheffus

Quote from: austinbob on June 23, 2015, 10:15:33 AM
Georgehgv and simong
It is now two weeks since Joel Bright promised to 'expedite a refund'. I have checked my on-line credit card statement which shows all transactions up to and including 21st June and guess what - zilch, no refund.
I wonder if those who label some of us as 'Dapol bashers' would agree that issues like this require a bit of 'bashing'

Hi

Personally I would put it in the hands of the credit card company and let them deal with it.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Newportnobby

Shame we didn't know this last Friday, Bob, as we could have picketed the Dapol stand at the Conwy Show and inserted NQP items into Joel until he coughed up >:D

austinbob

Quote from: PaulCheffus on June 23, 2015, 11:04:37 AM
Quote from: austinbob on June 23, 2015, 10:15:33 AM
Georgehgv and simong

Hi

Personally I would put it in the hands of the credit card company and let them deal with it.

Cheers

Paul
Just received email from Lynn in accounts saying my refund has been processed today. :hmmm:

Bob Austin

CarriageShed

Quote from: austinbob on June 23, 2015, 12:02:24 PM
Just received email from Lynn in accounts saying my refund has been processed today. :hmmm:

You wouldn't believe how many times I hear that when I'm chasing late-payers at work. Usually they do actually process it, but only because they've been chased for it. The moral of the story is that chasing works. Being nice and waiting doesn't, sadly.

Geoff

Changing the theme a bit here, I have just joined the Bachmann collectors club and I am looking forward to all the literature that comes with being a member, the reason I have joined is because of all the good feed back it receives from fellow members.

Just goes to show forums spread the good and bad news, I feel Dapol will have to change its attitude towards members before I join that club.
Geoff

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations