Graham Farish 377-900 BAA Steel Carrier Wagon with Coils Railfreight Red & Black

Started by guest311, July 13, 2012, 08:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest311

Just been on the Hattons site and noticed that although these have not appeared in the new releases listings, my pre-ordered ones are showing as awaiting picking.

don't know if that means that all the ones they had in were taken by preorders, as they show as 'add to cart'

PaulCheffus

Quote from: class37025 on July 13, 2012, 08:13:12 PM
Just been on the Hattons site and noticed that although these have not appeared in the new releases listings, my pre-ordered ones are showing as awaiting picking.

don't know if that means that all the ones they had in were taken by preorders, as they show as 'add to cart'

Hi

I just had an arrived into stock notification for Hattons and I had no trouble ordering a pair.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

scruff

porkie

Cool, did these wagons run in a full rake or a mixed rake with other wagons
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

These were often found in long rakes. The 2 trains that spring to mind were the Llanwern / Margam - Dee marsh. Not sure if it still runs but was normally a solid 56 turn in the mid to late 90s....Also a train that ran on the east coast and Midland with pairs of 37s (The famous 501 and 502 were often seen) Lackenby to Corby i think it was. Perfect wagons for the new Dapol 'Grid' also 60s and ofcorse 37's in there early days.

Cheers, Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

Calnefoxile

Guys,

I need the great knowledge of the collective known as  :NGaugeForum:

I have purchased 3 of these wagons, and I intend to purchase more, but I need to know whether I should use the Cradles or the Stanchions???

I model from about 1975-1985 ish. I've trawled through Paul Bartletts site and to be honest  :confusedsign: there doesn't seem to be anything conclusive as to how Steel Coils were carried on these wagons, so I throw myself on the Great Collective for their undoubted knowledge of this subject.

Cheers

Neal.

guest311

I think the stanchions were used when these were used to carry large slabs of steel [blooms ?] or as per a reply in my thread on loading eye to sky where the stanchions were inserted around the rolls.

where rolls carried horizontally I think you'd always find them in cradles.

have seen pics of the cradles both along and across the wagons, so it seems to be a question of finding a pic, and if someone says 'you can't do that' show them the pic !

The Llanwern/ Margam - Dee Marsh services were class 47's in the 80's with the occasional pair class 25's off Severn Tunnel Jct on the early morning train from Llanwern.    The coils from both locations were stood upright and used stantions and never used the cradles.   I believe the cradles were used on the northeast coil services.

I just received 10 of these BAA's from Hattons.  They look great.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations