Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Quote from: RailGooner on May 02, 2019, 04:02:52 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on May 02, 2019, 03:19:47 PM
I have no idea what Azure is, but it sounds promising. Good on ya.

How long is the drive to Fawley Michael? I'll prepare a presentation. :D

This feels like one of those times where I may regret opening my gob.

;D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Train Waiting

Good news!

Best wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

daveg

Re-sult!

Excellent!  :thumbsup:

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on May 02, 2019, 04:04:34 PM
Quote from: emjaybee on May 02, 2019, 03:19:47 PM
I have no idea what Azure is, but it sounds promising. Good on ya.

I always thought it was a shade of blue paint  :-[ :smiley-laughing:

The sky is the limit now ;D

Graham

after spending almost a day reading up on AWS before I found the answer to what should have been a 2min question, hopefully Azure now it will have your expertise will be easier.

well done.

cheers
Graham

RailGooner

Happy Lost Sock Day! :beers:

Yes, that's a thing now. No doubt invented by Hallmark. :D

snitchthebudgie

Quote from: RailGooner on May 09, 2019, 01:57:04 PM
Happy Lost Sock Day! :beers:

Yes, that's a thing now. No doubt invented by Hallmark. :D

They were discussing 'subscription' buying on the radio today - for example razor blades.  Someone said you can buy a monthly supply of socks.  Which prompted the question - who wears their socks for a month  :goggleeyes: (except pre-TINGS that is.)

Newportnobby

Quote from: snitchthebudgie on May 09, 2019, 07:37:18 PM
Which prompted the question - who wears their socks for a month  :goggleeyes: (except pre-TINGS that is.)

:laughabovepost:
Not even me. I find throwing them against a wall they tend to stick after 3 weeks wear :sick2:

RailGooner

:whistle: Happy, Happy, Happy :laugh2:

Bob Tidbury

My son Glenn bought me an early Father's Day present it's a G W R Number 18 Railcar which was a one off ,I was wondering where to get the correct transfers with No 18 and the shirt button crest ,Mourice of Osborns Models suggested
Cambridge Custom Transfers ,sure enough they do a sheet covering every single railcar including the EXPRESS PARCELS and loads of Shirt Button crests ,.They arrived very quickly and safely packed between cardboard .
They are very crisp and clear and very easy to apply you DONT SOAK THEM but just wet the model put the transfer on wait a few seconds and then slide into place ,I can highly recommend them if I can fit them anyone can ,no connection with them but just a very happy customer .
Bob Tidbury

Skyline2uk

Well that was a productive afternoon   :D

Have spent the past few weeks sorting the garage, loft etc and generally de-cluttering the house.

The first wave of boxes retrieved from the rafters mainly contained old games consoles and games which when put on Gumtree resulted in a nice collection of N gauge tokens. Members of the NGF Facebook group assisted me in spending them wisely.

The second wave consisted of mainly larger bits from my childhood and were almost all impractical to post.

So I found a car boot sale which has a decent level of organisation and reputation and today myself, Mrs Skyline and Mini Skyline managed to shift the vast majority. I therefore am able to purchase some more tiny trains!

When done well, selling at a car boot is a great afternoon and you get to see all sorts of people as well.

Mini Skyline (aka "The Gremlin") was most popular and succeeded in hooking in many wives / partners who's partners then went on to spend money  ;D

Skyline2uk

JBQFC

Clare is home after her op and feeling a lot better
we now have 3 weeks of daily visits to the hospital for dressing changes

John

The Q

About to set out....

Not for railways....

Not for modelling....

But for the 3 Rivers Race 2019. http://www.3rr.uk/

Not for the start line,  but for Hickling broad,  where I'm running a guardship,,  where we will count the 100 boats,  as they sail round the mark. 
I'll be awake until,  about 15:00 tomorrow .

Race starts at 11:00... 
No further messages are likely as our mooring place is beyond Wi-Fi range...

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

tutenkhamunsleeping

Having turned 60 last month I just discovered my prescriptions are now free :thumbsup:

The downside, however, is the Government are now officially interested in my bottom and it's various activities.  Getting 3 stool samples into an NHS envelope checks my aim at least as much as bowel cancer :goggleeyes:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations