Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Gawd! When the pic came up on my screen it scared the pants off me!  :o

Looking forward to your pics from NRM. I was there in August and was moocho impressed.

All the best for the New Year!

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Skyline2uk

QuoteGawd! When the pic came up on my screen it scared the pants off me!  :o

lol, well he is called "Grrrromit"

I really enjoyed NRM, even more than I was expecting to.

Happy New Year to you too George, a bit weird speaking to a man in the future  :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

RST

I got driving this week after a 2 month + lay-up busted ankle!

My Nissan Elgrand sat with flat battery -started perfect after a charge.  It's not been behaving before -bought a new set of glow plugs but works first time since I got them ::)

Got my Merc working yesterday -had to read the manual to remember the quirks with windows re-set etc but there's just nothing better than the sound of a 5LV8 starting 8) Thank god the tyres haven't got flat spots as they were brand bew before my lay-up :claphappy:

.....means I'm semi-mobile now.  Getting back to normal, ready for start of work end of January (ish).

ParkeNd

The Grommit Tigger is brilliant. There is a Wallace and Grommit shop at Cribbs Causeway and the figurines are such good quality and so popular they have to ration them.

Newportnobby

Happiness is......................reading the forum whilst chomping on a Mini Magnum Baileys flavour :)

Skyline2uk

QuoteThe Grommit Tigger is brilliant. There is a Wallace and Grommit shop at Cribbs Causeway and the figurines are such good quality and so popular they have to ration them.

I know mate, myself and my good lady were in a que for 3 hours at that shop to get our "ration"  :D

Skyline2uk

Jack

Quote from: newportnobby on January 08, 2014, 08:49:46 PM
Happiness is......................reading the forum whilst chomping on a Mini Magnum Baileys flavour :)

Is that one up from a packet of wine gums and a glass of lemonage?  ;D
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

davieb

You're supposed to drink the Baileys not dunk your Magnum in it  :D

dave  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: davieb on January 08, 2014, 08:52:53 PM

You're supposed to drink the Baileys not dunk your Magnum in it  :D

dave  :thumbsup:

A tip for Bealman - do both. That way you don't need ice in the Baileys :heart2:

Bealman

I was just going to suggest that. You're a mind reader, NPN  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

kiwi1941

Quote from: ParkeNd on January 08, 2014, 04:06:42 PM
There is a Wallace and Grommit shop at Cribbs Causeway
Where's Cribbs Causeway? Do they do mail order? Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

Skyline2uk

QuoteWhether or not the figurines can be mail ordered I don't know

You can buy them via Mail Order, but such is demand at the moment, depending on the exact one you want, it could be 3 months before you get it!

They can only manufacture a certain amount and are really struggling to keep up, but are continuing well into 2014.

If you want a better chance at getting the one you want quicker, sign up to the e-mail newsletters which tell you when new stock is coming into the Cribbs shop (and / or online).  As mentioned earlier though, if you go in person to the shop you could be in for a long que, WITHOUT a guarantee of getting one.

Skyline2uk

RST

My happiness was short lived.  Done well last 2 weeks, then day of physio ankle blew up like a balloon and not gone down since.  Been trying too hard to do too much apparently.  Very difficult to gauge what's too much when you have to spend so much time with leg up, or easier option just back in bed again.

daveg

Sorry to hear that RST!

Try and take it easy.

Rushing at things isn't always the best method. A bit like N gauge modelling really!

Hope you're up and about very soon.

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations