Tonight I 'as been mostly.......................

Started by Alex, March 08, 2012, 09:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex

...........servicing my British locos, well some of them.

My J94 was always stuttery when I bought it. Tonight I stripped it right down cleaned it all up and rebuilt it. It now crawls around my test track. This use to be the green NCB? Robert engine. When I got it I gave it a quick coat of WPR chocolate with red trim. I'm now going to strip the paint back to the bare metal and repaint it. I may even file off the grab rails and add new ones.

I'm going to need at least 3 of these engines on my WPR layout. One chocolate brown, I might even have a go at the cream lining for it. One black and one in War Department green.

I also have 2 Grafar GP tank engines. One of which will be a donor chassis for my scratchbuilt Barclay 0-6-0T engine. Must get that one finished. This LNER one was my first 2nd hand engine I bought. After a quick service it too crawls around the test track.

Also thinking on getting a Jinty to convert as well. Also gonna need hunners o' 7 plank wagons as well.

Alex :wave:

Bealman

Cool! I too have one of those 0-6-0 'General Purpose' tanks.... when I bought mine back in the '80s, it was the nearest thing you could get to a Jinty!

I also own two of those saddle tanks - a black BR one and a blue NCB. Last time I had them going (15 odd years ago!!!), they were going fine. Your pics have encouraged me to get them out and give 'em a go.

Thanks!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

upnick

Hi  Alex  :wave:   

You'll soon have a nice line up of  repainted Locos  .............   cant wait to see them resplendant in their new colours  :bounce: :thumbsup:   my J94  might recieve a new coat of  green   to belong to the cattle business here.

Brian Taylor (Smart Models)

Hi Jerry
Love the photos particularly the engine shed.  Do you mind if I put the photos on the customer gallery on the website.

Brian Taylor
Smart Models

Quote from: davieb on April 06, 2012, 06:42:58 PM
looking good Jerry  :thumbsup:

they look excellent , well done

would love to see some close up images especially the loco

and the layout is looking good  :thumbsup:
may i ask where you got the retaining walls as i am going to need some about that height when i get round to
doing my layout

dave  :thumbsup:

Sprintex

kaiwhara

:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: hastran on January 18, 2013, 12:28:05 AM
Hi Jerry
Love the photos particularly the engine shed.  Do you mind if I put the photos on the customer gallery on the website.

Brian Taylor
Smart Models

Welcome to the forum Brian, and about time !!

I am more than happy for you to use the pictures of the loco shed and keep producing the N gauge stuff. If I can find some spare sanity I may attempt the "modern" signal box. It looks to me like a early 60's job correct ?

Jerry

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Brian Taylor (Smart Models)

Its not based on any particular building. I took the general styling from a picture of a box but made it double the width and gave it sloping windows and concrete stairs instead of the metal ones.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations