6 pin nem 651 blanking plug

Started by deltic 187a, July 13, 2013, 07:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deltic 187a

Hello all,

just joined so not sure if I am posting in the right place until I get used to the site. have just returned to the hobby after about a 15 year absence and dusted off the layout ( boy was it dusty !!! ) and dug out the old rolling stock. My hasn't times changed what with DCC etc but have bitten the bullet and gone down that route. Bit of a learning curve but have dropped a few clangers, mainly buying a Hornby select controller ( I know I know but it seemed a good idea at the time ..... ) and destroying chips like they are going out of fashion by trying to get them into a space that simply isn't big enough - still we live and learn done we and hindsight is a wonderful thing.

First question to kick off my n gauge forum career - I bought a loco off the site that should not be named, that had been converted to dcc by previous owner and doesn't work, unfortunately it doesn't have a blanking plug to return to DC running and I cant find them anywhere, does anyone know where I can lay my hands on a spare one please as I need to fit one to eliminate a possible failed chip ( Bachmann 558 ) and try it on DC.

THanks for listening
cheers

Trev.
farish Poole - J94, pannier, 101 DMU, Cl33, cl08.
Minitrix - 2 warships, cl27, A4
Kato - weird centre cab orange loco -JNR DD-51
Tomix - little 060 shunter

Malc

I may have one in the Loft modelling room. If I get 5 mins, I'll check. If I can find it I'll drop it in the post Monday. Watch this space.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

scotsoft

Hello Trev,

It would be good to know what you plan on getting up to and there is the Welcome and Introduction thread where you can tell us  ;)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?board=40.0

cheers John.

deltic 187a

Thank you Malcom, that is really most kind. Thanks John - just put a bit on about what I am doing / got on a bit where the question is - what are you modelling. Thanks for the link will check it out.
much cheers
Trev

bluedepot

does any blanking plug fit in any engine?

tim

deltic 187a

Hi Tim

THB I don't really know but if all manufacturers follow the same protocol ie NRAM ( is it NRAM ?? ) the I would guess that all should fit.

bluedepot

oh ok NRMA i think it is but i got ya

cheers

tim

deltic 187a

Ahhhh senior moment there - NRAM is what Northern Rock became when the taxpayer gave them a sub till the weekend. Got it into my head coz that's who my mortgage is with :confused2: :no:

thanks for putting me right....... :D

cheers
Trev

tim-pelican

Any blanking plug should work with any loco.  The six pins you have on a decoder are rails A+B (input), motor + and - (output), and two lights (F0F and F0R, output).  The blank connects the rails to the other two sets, so if there's DC current there, the motor spins and the lights come on!

Trev, if Malcolm doesn't find one, I definitely have a spare.

And it's N(ational) M(odel) R(ailroading) A(ssociation).

Cheers,
Tim.

deltic 187a

What a fantastic forum, thank you kindly for that  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

:thankyousign:

trev.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations