Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

I seldom have a problem getting on, so must be at your end not the forum.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

crewearpley40

I'm on my phone. No problems here.

port perran

I've never ever had that message.
Maybe the problem is at your end so perhaps check that in the first instance.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dannyboy

@Redcap244

I live in a very rural part of Ireland and, whilst I do occasionally get that message, it is extremely rare. And if I get that sort of message in relation to the forum, I know it is because I am not on 4G - more like 1G  and other sites have difficulty in loading, if at all :). Somebody mentioned a while back that there was something called 5G  ??? Wonder when that will get here.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Mum's hip operation keeps being bumped - Sat>Sun>Mon>today............maybe.

In the meantime youngest niece was due to head for Bristol last night for her Covid delayed Graduation Day but yesterday tested positive. Poor kid :(

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 12, 2022, 11:12:31 AM
In the meantime youngest niece was due to head for Bristol last night for her Covid delayed Graduation Day but yesterday tested positive. Poor kid :(

Hi

That is sad as the graduation day for me was the best part. I also gave the student speech at my most recent one in 2017.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Bealman

Quote from: Newportnobby on April 12, 2022, 11:12:31 AM
Mum's hip operation keeps being bumped - Sat>Sun>Mon>today............maybe.

Bummer on both counts.  :thumbsdown:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

The Q

Quote from: dannyboy on April 11, 2022, 06:53:32 PM
@Redcap244

I live in a very rural part of Ireland and, whilst I do occasionally get that message, it is extremely rare. And if I get that sort of message in relation to the forum, I know it is because I am not on 4G - more like 1G  and other sites have difficulty in loading, if at all :). Somebody mentioned a while back that there was something called 5G  ??? Wonder when that will get here.
Here  in Coastal Norfolk we only get 1g if we stand upstairs in the  bathroom facing the right way. The amazon tracker of deliveries, stops when the van goes to the estate lower down from us about a mile to the north..

dannyboy

This should really be in the 'Happy Thread', but in view of the current posts, I thought I would put it here. Yesterday I was in contact with my Broadband provider, 'Three', who said that, as there was still no date for 5G getting to my area, if I agreed to stay with them for another six months, I could have one month free of charge. I thought about it, (for about five seconds), and said "Yes please".  :) . The six months contract is no problem, as none of the other broadband providers are any better, so I might as well have one month free.  :thumbsup:
David.

dannyboy

Quote from: The Q on April 13, 2022, 09:08:38 AM
we only get 1g if we stand upstairs in the  bathroom facing the right way.

Do you get puddles if you face the wrong way?  :-X
David.

Trainfish

Quote from: dannyboy on April 13, 2022, 10:49:47 AM
..................... if I agreed to stay with them for another six months, I could have one month free of charge.

Did you get to pick which month is free?
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Quote from: Trainfish on April 13, 2022, 11:48:20 PM

Did you get to pick which month is free?

I have chosen 7 days in May, 4 in June, 5 in July .............  ;). The free month is the next one due, so that will be May, which will give me more spending money for my trip back home.  :)
David.

The Q

Quote from: dannyboy on April 13, 2022, 10:52:25 AM
Quote from: The Q on April 13, 2022, 09:08:38 AM
we only get 1g if we stand upstairs in the  bathroom facing the right way.

Do you get puddles if you face the wrong way?  :-X
Not if I've pulled the plug out of the bath...

guest10040

why is it that if you go on the Mcdonalds website, they can give you all the sites, all the menus, but no prices ?

is it so they can con you when you get there ?

surely a happy meal [for the grandson] should be the same wherever you are, or do they add bits on depending where you are ?

off to KFC, who actually will tell me how much it will cost.

grandson will I'm sure eat it, but McD can get  :censored:

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Redcap244 on April 16, 2022, 07:12:40 PM
why is it that if you go on the Mcdonalds website, they can give you all the sites, all the menus, but no prices ?

is it so they can con you when you get there ?

surely a happy meal [for the grandson] should be the same wherever you are, or do they add bits on depending where you are ?

off to KFC, who actually will tell me how much it will cost.

grandson will I'm sure eat it, but McD can get  :censored:

Like most national companies in the leisure/food market, they selectively price according to location. Once they know the location you will be at, they can price what you want. KFC, Wetherspoons, Burger King, Greggs,  etc all do the same, as do cinemas and similar businesses.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations