Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

Aha, so you have used a chemical type unblocker? You have to be very careful with those as some are rather violent and can cause leaks by dissolving the solvent used to join the pipes. Whatever you do make sure they are flushed through thoroughly within the time limits specified or you can create problems mate. I often use industrial strength unblockers in my job but am very careful with them for this reason. I always use a plunger before resorting to Dambuster, One shot etc as it will very often solve the issue with hair etc clogging up the drain. Either way it shouldn't be an expensive job for someone to fix as long as the shower tray doesn't have to come out. Hopefully not.

Hair (and I've seen your hair) and grease are your biggest enemies with drains/traps and on a domestic level I find that this product from B&Q is a good one for at home use. Again, use it exactly as per the instructions though  :thumbsup:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

dannyboy

Today we went to Enniskillen, so I had to visit the model shop - I wanted some plastic cement for a kit that arrived from Germany last week anyway - well that was my excuse  ;). I was really looking forward to the trip, as it must be at least six months since I was last in the shop, but what a disappointment  :(. The display cabinet that, in the past, has had three or four shelves showing n gauge rolling stock, had just one shelf of stuff. It was virtually all GF UK stuff, along with five identical 'foreign' wagons. The owner opened the cabinet for me and I looked at the 'foreign' wagons - they were 'Arnold' and represented European wagons - nothing at all American themed. The owner was saying how difficult it is to get any n gauge stuff these days, either from the UK or anywhere else. So I came away having spent just over £15!! I know the lack of stock has saved me some money - but I wanted to spend!   :(

( @Tank, the 'Cry' emoticon don't work Chris  :'( )
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Tank

Very odd!  It just won't work no matter what I do.  Will investigate further!  Thanks for letting me know.

TrevL

If you press the windows key and colon key together, you can find this😢 (as a temporary measure)
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Newportnobby

Quote from: TrevL on January 08, 2022, 07:02:14 PM
If you press the windows key and colon key together, you can find this😢 (as a temporary measure)

I'm sure the medicos would have told me if I had a key on my colon :confused2:

guest311

in due course, Mick, you'll probably be digitised, and the key will be changed to give you yet another combination to remember  >:D

Snowwolflair

Quote from: class37025 on January 08, 2022, 09:04:42 PM
in due course, Mick, you'll probably be digitised, and the key will be changed to give you yet another combination to remember  >:D

No the Anti-Virus software would leap on it   :smiley-laughing:

guest311

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh errrr mrs

that would make his eyes water  >:D

JBQFC

I have finally got the dreaded lurgy got a positive lateral flow test at work this morning so I had to hastily arranged PCR test call Clare to come home from work as she works with venerable children 
now feeling very unwell But Clare has had a negative LFT test but has to get a PCR test to be on the safe side

John

stevewalker

Hopefully, you'll just have a mild dose and soon be over it. Good luck.

Malc

I know 3 or 4 people who have had this new variant after being vaccinated. They report that it is a bit like a bad cold. Hopefully you will soon be over it and your better half doesn't succumb. My wife didn't when I came down with the original virus in February. I didn't get any of the supposed symptoms so she didn't isolate. I ended up in hospital, she was fine.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

thebrighton

Aaaaargh!
Now over the years I've painted, lined and added transfers to probably thousands of models but every now and again this hobby annoys the hell out of me.
Just finished all the above on a coach, using all the same combinations of primers, top coat, lining etc that I always do until the final act, a dusting of varnish to seal it all in and the varnish decided to react with the top coat and craze. It did it once before a few years back, just the once, but has decided today it will do it again, not a couple of days ago when I varnished another coach in the rake using all the same combination of paints, but today. Why, doesn't it like Tuesdays?
A visit to the paint stripper and start again :(

JBQFC

got our results this morning we both tested positive
i feel like i have very bad cold but i have never had a cof this bad
Clare has very mild symptoms

Hailstone

Quote from: thebrighton on January 11, 2022, 10:19:59 AM
Aaaaargh!
Now over the years I've painted, lined and added transfers to probably thousands of models but every now and again this hobby annoys the hell out of me.
Just finished all the above on a coach, using all the same combinations of primers, top coat, lining etc that I always do until the final act, a dusting of varnish to seal it all in and the varnish decided to react with the top coat and craze. It did it once before a few years back, just the once, but has decided today it will do it again, not a couple of days ago when I varnished another coach in the rake using all the same combination of paints, but today. Why, doesn't it like Tuesdays?

It might just be the damp in the air, as I have to do my spray painting out in the lean to, I never paint until there have been dry conditions for at least 2 days

Regards,

Alex

thebrighton

Quote from: thebrighton on January 11, 2022, 10:19:59 AM
Aaaaargh!

I probably should move this to the angry thread as the coach has now been fully repainted, lined and lettered again and, yep,  the varnish reacted again.
All I can think of is for this coach I had to open a new tinlet of Precision Teak, my old tin having finally met its maker. Beginning to wonder if Precision have tweaked their ingredients :(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations