what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonye

Alterbridge , I have never heard of them till now . The album is from 2004!. Apparently , the vocalist is on the new Slash album that has just been released. 
Tony .H

Gooner1953

Trainfish

John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

bridgiesimon

Quote from: Tonye on February 17, 2022, 08:09:38 AM
Alterbridge , I have never heard of them till now . The album is from 2004!. Apparently , the vocalist is on the new Slash album that has just been released.

Very good choice, Miles Kennedy has a superb voice and when fronting with Slash, they are very special!!!

Best wishes
Simon

keerout

The pond and the stream; Sandy Denny, on the triple disk who knows where the time goes.

That is,UNTIL 21.00: Trials of Cato in session ! BBC radio @  :claphappy:  8)  :thumbsup:

Sorry for the plug
Gerard  :wave:

Trainfish

The rain in Tavistock.

In other news the wife has bought two tickets to see Carl Palmer of ELP fame in Devizes in I think April 👍🏻
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on March 09, 2022, 08:29:34 PM
In other news the wife has bought two tickets to see Carl Palmer of ELP fame in Devizes in I think April 👍🏻

Good to see your good lady drumming up support for him :-X

Meanwhile, some good ole blues.....

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 09, 2022, 09:42:29 PM

I'm far too young to have seen ELP but we did see Carl Palmer at Giants of Rock about 3 years ago and this will be well worth the £30 per ticket  :thumbsup:
John

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on March 11, 2022, 02:08:32 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on March 09, 2022, 09:42:29 PM

I'm far too young to have seen ELP but we did see Carl Palmer at Giants of Rock about 3 years ago and this will be well worth the £30 per ticket  :thumbsup:

Saw them at Kennington Oval many, many years ago but can't remember too much as I was very, very drunk at the time.

Platy767

From the municipal library, if I see a golden oldie CD that I used to like on vinyl , I usually give it a go, so I picked off the shelf Cat Steven's Tea for the Tillerman 2, not realising it was a 2, and thinking it was the 1970 original.

I'm working my way through it and apart from long intros and an electronic keyboardy sound, not bad, well, ...fair.
I've played some of the tracks and thought this is ok now, but, how good was this 50 years ago.

Platy767

port perran

Tonton Macoute.
A progressive jazz/rock band from the early 1970s.
Not well known but great stuff :

https://youtu.be/qZZYCfWU1tA
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations