Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Nightmare for all of you, Mick.

Hope mum is OK.

Dave G

Invicta Alec

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 12, 2019, 11:04:30 AM

Took my sis back to hers and got home about 18.20 still seething at the ineptitude and poor communication of the day.

Mick, its clear you've had a frustrating day and I sympathise.

Despite all the apparent inefficiencies I can assure you of one thing. None of the staff who were involved with your mum's care set out to aggravate you. Not one of them intentionally wanted to annoy you.

I read a post on Facebook book this morning from a London Ambulance Driver. He described his work day of Tuesday this week. Eight times he went into action with blue lights blazing. Only one incident warrantied the haste. One blue light call out resulted in him sticking a small plaster over an even smaller cut on the hand of a strapping male.
Short staffing lies at the root of many experiences like yours. Selfish (or stupid) people needlessly blocking up waiting rooms and ambulance services need holding to account.

Rant over. Hope your mum is doing well.

Alec.

You can't beat a nice drop of Southern.

Newportnobby

Phoned the ward at 10.20 and was told the doc was at the next bed to Mum so she'd be seen shortly and I'd be called. Sis phoned me at 11.30 to say Mum had not been seen by a doc yet.
Starting to wonder when I'll get the ransom note :uneasy:

Quote from: Invicta Alec on December 12, 2019, 12:38:43 PM

Short staffing lies at the root of many experiences like yours.

Not in this case, Alec. While Mum was on the Surgical Assessment Unit at least 3 nurses came over to introduce themselves as Mum's nurse for the day (and they weren't trainees either.) Really? 3 of them? It's no wonder conflicting info is given

guest311

unfortunately, not an uncommon occurrence.

time before last when SWMBO was ambulanced up to PRH Haywards Heath, after a few days was due to be discharged 'tomorrow'

phoned the next morning to se what was going on, and was told
'just awaiting her discharge meds from pharmacy, call back in an hour'

called back
'still awaiting her discharge meds from pharmacy, call back in an hour'

after several repeats gave up and about 6 pm headed up to wait there for her, can't be much longer, can it ?

at just gone 7pm, sister came in and said that they'd have to keep her in overnight ...

as the doctor who prescribed her discharge meds hadn't signed the prescription, and had now gone home   :censored:

the trouble seems to be that while the majority of the staff are great, there are still some  :-X who manage to  :censored: things up, with consequent knock on effects.

hope your mum 'escapes' soon  :thumbsup:

Malc

Been waiting in all day for Hermes to deliver a parcel. A 10:30 it was with the courier and would be delivered today. Kept entering their tracking site and it was still saying it would be delivered today. Then at 8:30 tonight, the web site says that a 11:15 this morning, there was a problem and it will be delivered tomorrow.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

dannyboy

You have my sympathies Malc. Been there, done that, got a wardrobe full of t-shirts.  ;D. Why the website of a courier can not be accurately updated I have no idea. I know I chose to live in a remote area, but the number of problems I have had over the years. One courier does not even attempt to deliver to the house, he takes the parcel straight to where Louisa works! I ordered a new modem last week, the girl I spoke to said that they use both a courier and An Post - I told her if she did not promise to use An Post, I would cancel the order - it came via the post 2 days later.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

thebrighton

Quote from: Malc on December 12, 2019, 08:49:33 PM
Been waiting in all day for Hermes to deliver a parcel. A 10:30 it was with the courier and would be delivered today. Kept entering their tracking site and it was still saying it would be delivered today. Then at 8:30 tonight, the web site says that a 11:15 this morning, there was a problem and it will be delivered tomorrow.
Thankfully no longer in the industry but fully understand how this happens and this applies to all couriers inc RM and is due to unrealistic workloads. The driver is given a pile of parcels to deliver which is physically impossible to manage as there are too many yet the company says they're out for delivery because, to be fair, they are. The driver will fail this impossible task and those left roll over to the next day and the company can blame the driver.
When at RM and delivering parcels over Christmas my management set a target for drivers of 20 parcels an hour so that meant when you pulled up and managed to park somewhere near the delivery address (if you were lucky) you had 3 minutes to walk up the path, ring bell, go to neighbours if necessary, write a 'you were out/the parcels at' card and then be pulling up at the next address which could be a mile or so away. Completely impossible which the management knew but targets are targets and extra staff costs money. Glad to be out of it.

thebrighton

And on the same topic of deliveries the Amazon guy just knocked on the door and asked if I would take in the pile of 7 parcels for my neighbour. No worries, done it numerous times so off he goes on his merry way. Go to stack up the parcels and 2 of them are for completely different address. Of course I can't find any way of contacting Amazon to come and collect them so it looks like I'll have to go back to my old job and deliver them.

Newportnobby

Keep trying to catch my postie as I'm fed up getting soaking wet post which has been folded in half to get it through the letter box more easily for him. How would he like his Christmas cards folded? :censored:

guest311

never mind your cards ...

hows mum, did she make it through the tunnel, or did the goons catch her  :smiley-laughing:

Newportnobby

@class37025 @Bob Tidbury @crewearpley40 @Lawrence

Thanks, All, for asking after Mum. I literally heard from sis they were leaving the hospital ½ an hour ago so Mum should be home now, although I'm still in the dark as to what the diagnosis was. She told me at 11 a.m. this morning all she needed was her meds and a doc to sign her out so it took over 9 hours for that to happen ::)

guest311

at least she is home, and will sleep in her own bed tonight  :thumbsup:

no ...

wake up, it's time for your sleeping pill  >:D

crewearpley40

We are all thinking of mum and you mick

stevewalker

Quote from: Newportnobby on December 13, 2019, 09:21:01 PM
She told me at 11 a.m. this morning all she needed was her meds and a doc to sign her out so it took over 9 hours for that to happen ::)

My wife was in hospital for five days just under two years ago. I took the morning off to pick her up (due for discharge at 11am) and we waited and waited for her meds. At 1pm, we agreed with the staff that I'd take her home and come back later for the meds. I phoned at 3pm, they were not ready (she was now overdue taking antibiotics). I went in at 5pm and they were not ready. At 6pm we had a breakthrough - we discovered that pharmacy had not sent the meds to the ward because the porter was off ill and they'd not bothered to do anything about it. I went down to pharmacy (the ward having phoned them first), only for them to refuse to hand them over to me, wanting a member of the ward staff (who were all tied up for the next hour or more) there. I eventually got them home just before 8pm - around 6 hours late for taking the antibiotics following an operation on an infected finger joint, that they'd already said she was lucky not to lose. My wife used to be a nurse and has told me many times that getting meds from pharmacy is one of the main problems with discharging patients.

lil chris

Well its trivial compared to other complaints on here but it still makes me angry.my parcel according to royal mail is stuck in m/cr sorting office since yesterday so no chance of 24 hours now. Made my mind up i wont use Rails of sheffield again.i paid for 24 hour tracking and i had to ring for tracking number its not on the invoice,what use is that. I ordered tuesday afternoon admitedly after they shut but it will be nearly a week if i get it on Monday. Cant do the track now
Very annoyed.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations