All material is copyright of Christopher Parker or their credited owners - 2017
Introduction Brief History Caterham Whyteleafe South Whyteleafe Kenley Purley Rolling Stock Contact Centenary Pictures Railway Operators Track Renewal

This station confusingly began life as Warlingham and may make many of you realise why Upper Warlingham therefore gained it’s name.  However, neither of them is particularly close in distance to the village!  Thankfully the name Warlingham was changed to Whyteleafe South in 1956.


The station itself hasn’t seen too many changes, and all of it’s buildings still survive, except for the original signal box.  Another feature that was demolished was a footbridge that was to the Caterham side of the level crossing.  The Station Master’s house still exists next to Platform 1, but has been a private residence for many years.


One of the buildings on Platform 2 facilitates a small signal box that monitors the two level crossings on the line.

Whyteleafe South

8th July 1893.

31st March 1955.

30th October 1935.

Exact date unknown, but about 1985.

Luggage Label from 1923 - 1948.