!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: 3D Printing  (Read 8574 times)

Offline Zwilnik

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
Re: 3D Printing
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2011, 11:23:47 am »

Zwilnik - hows the cube, I'm very interested in the long term development of the RepRap please could you post some pictures of the machine and its prints?

It's a bit rough at the moment but getting better as he tunes the temperatures and we tweak the fairly iffy firmware to get the bugs out. I'll sort some pics later :)

Online Atso

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2011, 06:52:52 pm »
It's a bit rough at the moment but getting better as he tunes the temperatures and we tweak the fairly iffy firmware to get the bugs out. I'll sort some pics later :)

I look forward to seeing some pictures!!!  ;D

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2011, 06:57:41 pm »
No luck with my EMU's.  I just found a guy who makes the Class 455 and 456 in OO gauge.  I got a reply today that he has no plans to make them in N.  I asked politely about helping with any fees to convert any CAD drawings he had, but he didn't reply to that particular question. :thumbsdown:

I have however just downloaded Sketchup, so I might one day have time to learn how to use it and make the 455.

Well if Sketchup fails and you can find some good quality drawings, let me know and I'll see if I can help.  :thumbsup:

Offline Zwilnik

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2011, 03:19:48 pm »
Here's a vid of my brother's RepRap printing a 20x20x10mm test cube (it's currently in bits to sort out some issues that came up while printing the test cubes).

http://gallery.me.com/speedghost#100144

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2011, 10:10:21 pm »
Hi all,

The masters have now gone to the casters and delivery is expected by mid November. We hope to have our web site online by mid October to take pre-orders.

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2011, 07:20:42 pm »
Hi all,

While we don't have the pre-production castings yet we have got the webpage up and running. Anyone wishing to express an interest in the Pigeon Van or one of our other planned kits can do so via our contact us page.

www.atso-cadmodels.co.uk

Online Atso

• Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2011, 08:44:46 pm »
Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know we now have a mailing list on the site for anyone wishing to receive notification when the pigeon van and other models are released.

Offline Arrachogaidh

• N Gauge Society Number: 8539
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2014, 05:28:36 pm »
Not been able to master Sketchup or any other software but I am looking to get this Russian loco done to go on a chassis for a French 7001 or the RENFE version by Arnold?

It's a bit of an ask, but I have lots of drawings photos etc. Anyone like to give it a go?

(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline James320

• Ebay
    • James' Train Parts
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2014, 12:04:57 am »
Not been able to master Sketchup or any other software but I am looking to get this Russian loco done to go on a chassis for a French 7001 or the RENFE version by Arnold?

It's a bit of an ask, but I have lots of drawings photos etc. Anyone like to give it a go?

Hi,

That is a very interesting looking loco, I would be happy to draw it for you. Drawing 3D printed shells to go onto working chassis is something I do; have a look through my blog site and you’ll see previous drawing projects.  I cannot promise to jump onto it right away but if, as you say, you have drawings and photo information it will make it a lot quicker.

If you want to talk about it in more depth please PM through this site or you can contact me through my blog site.

-James

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2018, 09:08:04 am »
Unlike in 00 Gauge, there are some notable gaps in BR SR models in 2mm Scale. However, with the continuing advances in 3D printing (printers and material), given the marked slowdown in new RTR models in N Gauge, I'm hoping to convince someone, here, to make a 3D print of one of the 600 series Push-Pull sets (I have scale plans in digital format) as well as one of the last 'Gate Stock' pull-push sets (someone already makes a 3D print of one of the earlier 'Gate Stock' pull-push sets which did not last into BR days). However, I'd also have to get someone to convert a Dapol M7 into a long-frame one (it has been done by a forum member) and add pull-push equipment (a 3D print of the air pump should be simple). Maybe these two types of pull-push sets would make good crowd-funding projects?

Another 'gap in the market' is 3D printed models of the various tender types which were attached to Bulleid Pacifics, including the ones attached to Light Pacifics (which it appears Graham Farish are not going to release new upgraded models of), and a powered 'Watercart' tender to replace that provided with Union Mills T9 models (and for other BR SR locos., too), although, again, this has been done, by a forum member, using a metal tender kit and a German powered chassis. The tenders attached to the old Graham Farish Bulleid Pacifics really need replacing with true scale ones of the correct types.

Lastly, given the lack of LSWR type water cranes, a 2mm Scale 3D print of both the platform and ground mounted types should be quite easy and inexpensive but are there any suitable scale plans?

Offline Dorsetmike

• N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2018, 10:19:13 am »
I have asked the chap who does the gate stock if he will be producing other push pull and Maunsell open 3rd - which was included in the 6xx series, this is his reply

I am looking at coaches. The gate-stock I did, did last into the 30s, converted. As I have drawings I will eventually do others. Other coaches dependent on getting drawings. I now have books of drawings for LSWR, so probably that would be my first choice, plus any southern push pull coach.

It shouldn't be to difficult to hack a Dapol BCK into a driving end, but so far I've found hacking to an open 3rd is not easy with the recesed doors, same goes for the restaurant car which I also asked for.
Cheers MIKE
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2018, 11:33:05 am »
I have asked the chap who does the gate stock if he will be producing other push pull and Maunsell open 3rd - which was included in the 6xx series, this is his reply

I am looking at coaches. The gate-stock I did, did last into the 30s, converted. As I have drawings I will eventually do others. Other coaches dependent on getting drawings. I now have books of drawings for LSWR, so probably that would be my first choice, plus any southern push pull coach.

It shouldn't be to difficult to hack a Dapol BCK into a driving end, but so far I've found hacking to an open 3rd is not easy with the recesed doors, same goes for the restaurant car which I also asked for.

Many thanks, Mike. I also want a BR / Maunsell Restaurant / Buffet car.

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here
anything