!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Hedges  (Read 7690 times)

Offline martin75

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Hedges
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2013, 07:10:19 pm »
another thing i would like advice on if poss is i am a novice with train layouts not done any since a kid i bought a lyout part built from track all down wires soldered to track at various points on track but no controller  i am not sure what controller to buy & i have just bought led signals & yard lights for 12v do they need to couple up to same controller for trains whatever i buy or do they need separate power source  thanks

Offline Alex

• Trade Count: (+13)
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2013, 08:21:24 pm »
Hi,

Great tip and demo. I use them on my layout as well. On some I teased out some parts of the cut strips to look like the bushes you get in hedges. Looks ok from a distance.

Alex

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2013, 09:18:36 am »
another thing i would like advice on if poss is i am a novice with train layouts not done any since a kid i bought a lyout part built from track all down wires soldered to track at various points on track but no controller  i am not sure what controller to buy & i have just bought led signals & yard lights for 12v do they need to couple up to same controller for trains whatever i buy or do they need separate power source  thanks

Martin - I suggest you have a look at the controller review section.
If you're running DC I would recommend a Gaugemaster one with accessories output.
Could I please ask you to put your questions in the section that deals with it (saves us poor overworked Mods from moving the posts ;))

Offline pmcglone

• N Gauge Society Number: 22889
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2013, 06:21:50 pm »
Good tutorial....I was about to throw away the Green filter from my pond.....Guess what I will be doing with it .....

Offline dieseldog

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2013, 09:54:47 pm »
great idea, was wanting some hedges now I can get planting  :thankyousign:

Offline LNER1949

• N Gauge Society Number: 10272
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 04:48:29 pm »
another thing I have done with a OO gauge hedge when I cut it in half, I could then make a double height hedge as if it had been left neglected and had not been trimed regularly.Looks quite good.

Offline LNER1949

• N Gauge Society Number: 10272
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2013, 06:52:59 pm »

Here are two images of my hedge I have made, a single row and the over grown double height hedge.
Hope this might give you some idea's as this is real my first attempt to do it free lance, other than buying a ready made hedge, which did not quite what I wanted.

Offline Leon

• N Gauge Society Number: 27933
    • Ebay
    • Thistle Fine Art
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2018, 07:14:34 pm »
I saw a mention somewhere that you could use the green pot scourer pads to make hedges so thought Id have a go and heres how I did it.

Caz, excellent tutorial! I've been wondering about how I'll model hedgerows. I'd not seen that subject treated - and you did it very well! One of the most striking things about Somerset (where my son lives) is the hedge rows. I hate driving the lanes bounded by them, but they are a significant element in the countryside, defining the fields, and adding a much scenic interest.

I'm assuming that the countryside around Wiltsbury should have hedge rows. Honestly, when I drove down to Westbury I avoided all the roads that might have had hedge rows - or failed to notice them while concentrating on my driving. I've driven from one end of the U. K. to the other - North to South and East to West, and the transition from left hand drive to right hand drive is no problem. Age is, however, so I don't enjoy views the way I once did.

Leon

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
November Donations

Advertise Here