Graham farish 4 road engine shed ?

Started by LMS4-6-2, October 19, 2012, 09:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMS4-6-2

Hi just a quick question has anyone got a picture of one there layout as I would like to see how it looks on there. Many thanks for your help.
Antony

Ollie3440

I assume this is the Scenecraft 42-050 4 road shed? It has not been released yet, it is 'due' to be released Nov/Dec

Ollie
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Tom@Crewe

portland-docks

60 quid is expensive if u ask me,i would love one though
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Karhedron

Quote from: portland-docks on October 24, 2012, 12:13:29 PM
60 quid is expensive if u ask me,i would love one though
I don't think the price is too bad. That is a BIG building and I am not aware of anything similar in kit form. If you wanted one another way you would need to either scratch-build or use Scalescenes (I am not a fan of card kits personally). It is provided fully decorated and ready to plonk for less than the cost of one loco.

I am not saying £60 is cheap but it seems fairly good value for what you get. It could easily form the focus of a decent MPD layout so it is not like you would need to buy several.

Now if only they woud make a standard-pattern Churchward engine shed....  ;)
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

painbrook

My thought on scenecraft buildings are that they are  'rough and ready'. The only one I have is their footbridge which I put up with because my first choice was a disaster. Marsh's white metal kit, whilst trying to clean off 'flash' the parts where bending/breaking off. >:(. Cheers john.

LMS4-6-2

I am buying 3 of them I'm not keen on card kits I like plastic kits I have found good photos of Crewe north sheds and loco works. I will be make the loco works myself. I planed the layout on a 6ft x 2ft board but I add an extra 2ft x 2ft board. The loco shed looks very much like the scenecraft 4 road shed. Thanks for all your help. :thankyousign:

redtrain

Quote from: LMS4-6-2 on October 26, 2012, 02:34:52 PM
I am buying 3 of them I'm not keen on card kits I like plastic kits I have found good photos of Crewe north sheds and loco works. I will be make the loco works myself. I planed the layout on a 6ft x 2ft board but I add an extra 2ft x 2ft board. The loco shed looks very much like the scenecraft 4 road shed. Thanks for all your help. :thankyousign:

Antony,

if I may ask, how do you intend to use 3 of them on a layout this size? I was thinking of getting one, but still am not sure I can even accommodate that.

Marcus

painbrook

marcus, that is a blooming good question. Plan please. Cheers john.

H

Quote from: portland-docks on October 24, 2012, 12:13:29 PM

60 quid is expensive if u ask me,

It certainly is. You could make one for a lot less.

H.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations