!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: New scenecraft engine shed  (Read 2541 times)

Offline portland-docks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22291
  • give me a black 5 anyday!
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Moorside Valley Railway
    • Awards
New scenecraft engine shed
« on: September 24, 2012, 07:22:34 am »
Now i was down the svr this weekend for the gala of steamage....and i picked up a mag splement which tells you how to do a specific scene in n gauge. They use the new scenecraft engine shed and coaling plant....

I though i would do it for my layout, as they look stunning, 4 road engine shed and a large coaling tower, then i choked when i saw the price....60 each!!!

My lords!

Anyone else saw them and whats their take? They are currently available for pre order
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
Re: New scenecraft engine shed
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 08:15:24 am »
Hi

Not seen in the flesh but have spotted it on various websites. Scenecraft buildings are very well made but too expensive for my budget.

I think the prices you saw are pretty standard for the range. Take a look at these links:

http://www.gascupboard.co.uk/4-road-engine-shed.html
and
https://railsofsheffield.com/coaling-tower-42-070-JJJA17398.aspx

Much as I may wish for such, I'll stick with Metcalfe kits which I enjoy making and in my opinion are excellent value for money.

Dave G

swisstony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 09:06:20 am »
I guess inflation affects everything, now I'll happily pay silly money for yard lights, but 70 for a shed which in itself is really just a three sided shell!! Not on your nelly mate ;)

You could pick up three or four Peco shed kits for half that price and mash them all together to build something pretty spectacular!

Offline portland-docks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22291
  • give me a black 5 anyday!
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Moorside Valley Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:17:02 am »
I fancy a nice 4 road engine shed that Wont bnkrupt me lol, i think 4 peco ones put together with some weathering might do the part as a preserved railway engine shed full of stinky steamys lol
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Offline longbridge

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 09:32:41 am »
Daddy needs to own a gold mine to afford the Scenecraft range :doh: I must be a tight a--e because I am quite happy with the free or cheap card kits that can be downloaded or scratch building an engine shed  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 12:23:16 pm »
I fancy a nice 4 road engine shed that Wont bnkrupt me lol, i think 4 peco ones put together with some weathering might do the part as a preserved railway engine shed full of stinky steamys lol

The Peco kit is a very old model that was apparently produced by a sub-contractor so the usual Peco QC didn't get much of a look in. The kit contains some parts that have nothing to do with the shed and aren't covered by the meagre assembly instructions.

I had a badly produced kit (warped mouldings) that Peco very promptly replaced but I've decided to stick with the card kits. I'm sure the Metcalfe double shed with its nice looking interior could be made into something bigger if needed.

Dave G

Offline spurno

• N Gauge Society Number: 21170
  • a model railway is for life not just for christmas
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 01:48:37 pm »
scalescenes do an engine shed for 4.99 or wordsworth model railway do a single shed or a roundhouse for nothing.might be worth having a look.
Born beside the mighty GWR.

Regards

alan

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here