!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!  (Read 4136 times)

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to the N Gauge Forum!
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2011, 07:55:38 pm »
Hi MTSI good to have you with us, have a good look around and feel free to start your own layout thread and chip in whenever you want

Welcome aboard

Offline quinntopia

• Trade Count: (0)
    • YouTube
    • Quinntopia - World Domination in N Scale!
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 06:25:53 am »
Hi All!  Just joined this forum today...I recognize a few of the names here and I liked all the topics and conversations I've seen so far!  Good stuff!  Obviously, I'm a yank, but I find a lot of great information from my friends and co-conspirators in N Gauge in your part of the world!  Good to see a dedicated N Gauge forum coming from the UK!  :beers:

Offline Lawrence

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 08:24:16 am »
Hi quinntopia, nice to see you again - yes it is a nice friendly forum here with lots of good info, and a good sprinkling of Japanese modellers  :thumbsup:

Welcome aboard

Offline Tank

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+30)
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 08:51:09 am »
Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Offline D306Whistler

• Konnichi Wa
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 12:24:27 pm »
Welcome to the forum fella! :thumbsup:. If you like Japanese N gauge layouts feel free to check out my topic elsewhere on the forum ;).
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

Offline poliss

• Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2011, 03:11:51 pm »
Hi quinntopia. I've been following your blog for ages. I see you just got the wireless Multizentrale you lucky fella.  ;D

Offline Lawrence

• Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2011, 06:10:33 pm »
BT, you must expand your horizons dear boy  :D there really is more to life than those blue & yellow things  :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Offline quinntopia

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2011, 01:42:59 am »
Hi quinntopia. I've been following your blog for ages. I see you just got the wireless Multizentrale you lucky fella.

Thanks Poliss! Good to see you again!

I have to say...I REALLY like the Multizentrale....of course, I'm moving up from a Mobile Station so that may not say much!  ;)  It really does feel nice to control trains wirelessly...with one hand!  And set up and adding/editing new locos has been sooooo easy.  I think I based a lot of this decision based on comments on the first Multimaus over at the Railways of Germany forum a couple of years ago, and they were right!

BT....I haven't tried it on a sandwich yet, but I'll let you know if it gets moldy!  :smiley-laughing:

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2011, 09:45:58 pm »
Ah,

I guess I've posted a few times but never said Hello officially...

Well Hello!  Currently in Nova Scotia Canada, moving back to Gloucestershire this summer (and can't wait!).  All my N scale stuff is in storage right now, but will have a garage to convert for my railway soon!.  I've been an N scaler since I was a boy, had my first set probably late 70s / early 80s, a Lima class 31.  Have been and still am an avid (I'm not afraid to say it) trainspotter, although we only have one passenger train a day (except tuesdays!) here so I've had a bit of n enforced hiatus since being in Canada.

My interest in N gauge is varied, lately I've moved away from North American railroads (mainly Canadian National / Canadian Pacific) and have returned to *sigh* British, European and lately Japanese N, which of course leaves me with an interesting challenge in designing my layout. 

Over the next year or so, i'll hopefully be posting about my planning process, the conversion of the garage and the start of the layout.  I'm using unitrack, DC, Steam, Diesel and Electric so please dont' look for prototypical accuracy!.  I see a few people I recognise from the Japanese Forum (jnsforum) which is the only other one I frequent, this seems to have the same kind of friendly banter as there and is smaller, so I look forward to contributing where I can.

So anyway.. Hello!  glad to be here!

Graham

Offline quinntopia

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2011, 05:42:28 am »
Hi grumbeast!  Good to see you again!

My interest in N gauge is varied, lately I've moved away from North American railroads (mainly Canadian National / Canadian Pacific) and have returned to *sigh* British, European and lately Japanese N, which of course leaves me with an interesting challenge in designing my layout. 

Glad to see a fellow proto-rebel around! :-)

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2011, 11:00:36 pm »
Thanks Man!

as I've mentioned before I think on JRF, you're blog is a real inspiration, I think I just love trains too much to be prototypical!, all of my little plastic people are going to have as much choice in the stock they take to thier little plastic jobs as possible!

Graham

MTSI Rail

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 04:38:19 pm »
Hello MTSI Rail welcome to the forum.Im sure you have a wealth of Knowledge to pass on also. :thumbsup:
Any pics of your layout :thumbsup:

Sorry, no pics yet - I have to use a friend to do the 'computer magic' for me when it comes to illuistratiuons - am currenlty very tied up with house renovations and will be more or less off the air until end of May, but I'll see what I can do after then.

MTSI Rail

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here
anything