!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Poll

How would you like the Class 142 kit to be sold?

Just the printed parts (you have to source wheels and couplers)
0 (0%)
With all the parts included (I will source wheels and couplers and include in the kit)
9 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: October 30, 2014, 05:00:47 pm

Author Topic: The DJRail Virtual Workbench (currently 3D Printer and a Beilhack Snowplough)  (Read 8723 times)

Offline Anthony Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18392
    • Facebook
    • My website
    • Awards
On the DJRail Virtual Workbench (currently STILL Pacers)
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2014, 05:21:50 pm »
After yet another long delay with no posts from me ...

I have ordered another test print for the DUMMY version and if all is well I will be able to launch this in a couple of weeks time.

It has been designed to accept Tomix Scharfenburg coupler to allow it to be coupled to the Dapol 153/156 but I can always create a new front piece to accept a rapido coupler or a Dapol NEM coupling pocket.

Price is expected to be around 50, which will include 2 bodies, 2 chassis, 12 doors (6x twin leaf, 6xsingle leaf).
You will need to source wheels (I recommend from Nigel Lawton 009) and scharfenburg coupler (I recommend from DCC supplies).

This new print has not been ordered from Shapeways but from a UK based supplier so it may also depend on their quality. If not I will go back to Shapeways with it but the price may vary somewhat now they have changed their pricing structure (A LOT).

I will post the photograph when the print comes in and then let Steven at it with the paint to see how it looks.

Question ... Would you prefer it to be available with the parts required, or just as is and source your own?

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
Re: On the DJRail Virtual Workbench (currently STILL Pacers)
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2014, 05:46:03 pm »
Question ... Would you prefer it to be available with the parts required, or just as is and source your own?

Perhaps you should make that a poll ?

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline Anthony Lloyd

• Facebook
    • My website
    • Awards
Re: On the DJRail Virtual Workbench (currently STILL Pacers)
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2014, 05:58:22 pm »

Perhaps you should make that a poll ?
Blond moment, thanks Alan :-)

POLL ADDED.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 06:01:37 pm by DATAjammer »

Offline Anthony Lloyd

• Facebook
    • My website
    • Awards
Well, this is a turn up for the books I bet!

I've purchased a Wanhao 3D Printer and I've found the mojo that was lost with various Shapeways issues and problems in my personal life well documented already!

I've gone back to working on the Beilhack Snowplough and fixing a few of its issues. Will post a photo tomorrow when I get on the laptop (posting this from bed on my phone).

I've been getting some help on Facebook off another member from here, and I am slowly getting to grips with the printer and sketchup again after nearly 4 years without using it in anger!

Offline pape_timmo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23256
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Good to see you getting to grips with it again.

Cheers, Timmo

Offline Gareth from Down Under

• Awards
Very glad to hear that you have your mojo back please keep us up to date especially in regards to the snow ploughs.  :claphappy:

Offline CarriageShed

• N Gauge Society Number: 24383
  • Beechinged 1981-2013
    • Ebay
    • Twitter
    • The History Files
    • Awards
Seconded. It's always interesting to watch 3D items being prepared even though nothing here is remotely suitable for my own layout and period.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything