!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Chetcombe - West Dorset in the late 1960s and early 1970s  (Read 96110 times)

Offline port perran

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Chetcombe - West Dorset in the late 1960s and early 1970s
« Reply #750 on: March 10, 2018, 09:49:47 pm »
Thanks for those photos.
Great modelling.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #751 on: March 11, 2018, 07:17:27 am »
Cracking buildings ... and that loco looks superb ......  now I find myself price comparing Class 33/1's!

Is the body fully clipped onto the chassis.... in the photo, looks like the cab closest to the camera has a bit of a gap ... but could be my eyesight!

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #752 on: March 11, 2018, 07:46:06 am »
I like the Scalescenes models.  I have some Scalescenes stone sheets and I intend (if ever I get round to it) to make some plasticard models (based on the Wrenton method) and use the stone sheets to cover them.  Your's look really good.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash
www.innovationgame.com

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #753 on: March 11, 2018, 10:42:12 am »
Many thanks, Mike, for the long overdue update. I agree that the Scalescenes kits light brown stone buildings look much better than the grey stone ones. The new buildings are superb, highly realistic. Excellent work. The only things that spoil them are the wonky chimney pots (roof areas always being prominent in 2MM Scale) and the dark grey on the white frames of the new extension to the town hall. Being short-sighted, I have excellent close-up vision and, for now, steady hands, which makes such such delicate painting easier with a fine brush and plenty of patience. Of course, at normal viewing distance the dark grey, very probably, is not at all obvious. That is the problem with close-up photography of 2MM Scale models. It shows up flaws which, normally, are quite invisible.

However, when it comes to painting 'little people', I think a magnifying glass on a flexible support stand may well be worth buying. Although, again, at normal viewing distance, any detail painting will not be visible.

The TMC weathering on the Class 33/1 is, in my opinion, exactly right. It's all too easy to over weather in 2MM Scale whereas this weathering is exactly how I remember the Class 33/1s which were never very dirty when used between Bournemouth and Weymouth. (I have some TMC weathered BR SR goods stock; they have a sale on, at present. You may want to buy some SR vans?)

My BR Green prototype Class 33/1, D6580 is, alas, some way down the queue (steam locos. having precedence) although a DCC-fitted D6571 was bought, last year, ready for conversion. The chance of buying a 3TC or 4TC kit to run with D6580 does not look good, I'm sad to say. Perhaps, someone will make a 3D print of, at least, a 3TC? I can't see a RTR set being produced.

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #754 on: March 11, 2018, 01:15:24 pm »
Great stuff Mike, the buildings look very good.   :thumbsup:

Offline Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #755 on: March 11, 2018, 05:22:30 pm »
Cracking buildings ... and that loco looks superb ......  now I find myself price comparing Class 33/1's!

Is the body fully clipped onto the chassis.... in the photo, looks like the cab closest to the camera has a bit of a gap ... but could be my eyesight!

You are totally right, the body wasn’t quite clipped on! I had just fitted a DCC decoder and fixed on the pipes and buffer plate. The camera never lies!!

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here