!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 392826 times)

Offline The Q

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #5730 on: July 07, 2018, 06:46:25 am »
Sadly hit and runs are common on the Norfolk Broads as well. Many tourists seem to think because they have paid for insurance to cover accidents in the hire boats, they can just drive off.
What they don't realise is if they are drunk in charge or as is the case recently a case of "boat" rage causing deliberate damage, they are not covered.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #5731 on: July 08, 2018, 04:31:38 pm »
On ITV4 I have frequently been confronted by adverts for the RSPCA or various other animal charities showing some fairly graphic footage of abused animals, particualrly dogs and donkeys. These now seem to be migrating to Channel 4 (seen during today's coverage of the F1) and they are broadcast with no warning whatsoever. Now, I find them quite upsetting but what about the effect this could have on kids? I dread to think.
Sorry, but I find this completely irresponsible broadcasting.
Rant over

Offline Lindi

• Awards
« Reply #5732 on: July 08, 2018, 04:48:27 pm »
On ITV4 I have frequently been confronted by adverts for the RSPCA or various other animal charities showing some fairly graphic footage of abused animals, particualrly dogs and donkeys. These now seem to be migrating to Channel 4 (seen during today's coverage of the F1) and they are broadcast with no warning whatsoever. Now, I find them quite upsetting but what about the effect this could have on kids? I dread to think.
Sorry, but I find this completely irresponsible broadcasting.
Rant over

It must be successful getting more donations or they wouldn't do. I get letters through the post showing the same graphic details.

The main ITV channel (along with sky news) also show them during the morning

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+60)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #5733 on: July 08, 2018, 05:55:48 pm »

It must be successful getting more donations or they wouldn't do. I get letters through the post showing the same graphic details.

I hope they are successful, and have no issue with them being broadcast.

they are broadcast with no warning whatsoever.

This was the main point of my post.

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #5734 on: July 09, 2018, 08:52:04 pm »
I've got 89 points on Claywell and 81 of them are fitted with Seeps, 2 with Peco above board motors and just 6 with the Peco below board motors and I've just had the 3rd Peco fail out of the 6! 

Not one of the Seeps has failed just the  :censored: Peco ones and as usual always happen when you have visitors.  Regrettably where the Peco ones are fitted I have no choice but to fit the Peco clip on under point type otherwise I'd change them for Seeps.   :veryangry:   :veryangry:    :veryangry:

Offline Trainboy03

• Instagram
    • Awards
« Reply #5735 on: July 12, 2018, 11:24:54 pm »
I just want to take the corridors off of my Maunsell coaches and NOBODY can accept that I like the wide windows on one side and regular design, just without the gangways

Offline TrevL

• N Gauge Society Number: 26716
    • Awards
« Reply #5736 on: July 13, 2018, 05:42:17 am »
I just want to take the corridors off of my Maunsell coaches and NOBODY can accept that I like the wide windows on one side and regular design, just without the gangways

I think this is a case of "RULE ONE APPLIES"  It's your railway, run what YOU want.
Remind "Nobody" of that fact.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

Offline daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #5737 on: July 13, 2018, 07:20:27 am »

To quote the Cambridge Dictionary:

"nobody
noun [ C ] UK ​  /ˈnəʊ.bə.di/ /ˈnəʊ.bɒd.i/ US ​  /ˈnoʊ.bɑː.di/

someone who is not important"

It follows therefore that those nobodies who decry your desire have no say in the matter, and as the immortal Bard did say:

"To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man"

Or, in short, to hell with what others think!
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here