!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol - Class 50  (Read 22104 times)

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Dapol - Class 50
« Reply #135 on: October 06, 2018, 05:14:03 pm »
Agreed, surely very easily remedied if you want to.

Offline NeMo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23720
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: October 06, 2018, 05:35:38 pm »
Disappointed beyond measure to discover that the 50 040 in large logo is actually NSE branded and 50 043 won't have the headcode box plated over...

At least Dapol haven't invented a livery that didn't exist!

It may well be that doing it this way will encourage people to buy the FiftyFund models if they want an unbranded large logo model. Not ideal perhaps if that puts the price up, but if the preservation groups involved helped Dapol make a better model, it's understandable.

In any event, as others have said both complaints sound like easy fixes, and even if you don't like modifying your locomotives, Dapol are bound to issue other liveries and numbers at some point in the future. Just please not that ghastly LMS paint scheme!!!

Cheers, NeMo

Offline GScaleBruce

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Hillhead & Dales Light Railway blog
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: October 06, 2018, 06:01:18 pm »
Disappointed beyond measure to discover that the 50 040 in large logo is actually NSE branded and 50 043 won't have the headcode box plated over. Both pre-orders now cancelled. This is one of my all time favourite locos and one I was really looking forward to.

Can you not just remove the NSE branding on the headcode box with a spot of Brasso and a mini cotton bud, and paint over  the transparent plastic on the headcode box to give the impression of it being plated over?
Impossible to know at this stage how viable that would be. It's equally likely that I'd ruin a brand new loco. Not a criticism of Dapol, just a massive disappointment to me.
Bruce
My layout - Steinheim am Main

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #138 on: October 06, 2018, 09:09:04 pm »
No it isnít, itís one small logo each end, it would be entirely viable. Just seems a disproportionate reaction to me.

If you want models in a very specific state or livery surely youíve had to renumber stuff before?!

Offline jamespetts

• Kittens and cake
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: October 06, 2018, 10:14:47 pm »
I should note for completeness that I am planning to get some of these and renumber/rename most of them.

Offline Bingley Hall

• N Gauge Society Number: 21700
    • Awards
« Reply #140 on: October 07, 2018, 10:01:48 pm »
Disappointed beyond measure to discover that the 50 040 in large logo is actually NSE branded and 50 043 won't have the headcode box plated over. Both pre-orders now cancelled. This is one of my all time favourite locos and one I was really looking forward to.
It's a cruel world.

As I saw and photographed 50040 in action with its NSE branding, I'll take it upon myself to make up for the one you cancelled.

Offline longbow

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #141 on: November 02, 2018, 06:17:25 am »
According to RMWeb, Dapol are listing four Class 50 versions for December release:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/138970-dapol-planned-n-gauge-release-schedule-novemberdecember-2018/

Online Trainfish

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: November 09, 2018, 02:48:36 pm »
I'm sure I have 2 on pre-order but I can't for the life of me remember where from  :doh:

I've checked Rails and Hattons but they don't seem to appear there. I daren't order them again or I could end up with a double order as I have done previously with the Dapol HSTs.
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #143 on: November 09, 2018, 03:07:10 pm »
When they all turn up just send one set back?

Search your email for class 50 order confirmations?

Offline BobB

• N Gauge Society Number: 27926
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2018, 11:24:02 am »
I can't decide if I want a class 50; I certainly don't need one. I suppose a TOPS numbered locomotive with the head code in use but without the multiple working cables would persuade me but I'm not sure they were ever in that condition. I think the multiple working cables were added before TOPS re-numbering.

Offline Paul-H

• N Gauge Society Number: 27678
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2018, 12:10:06 pm »
According to RMWeb, Dapol are listing four Class 50 versions for December release:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/138970-dapol-planned-n-gauge-release-schedule-novemberdecember-2018/

Apparently that list is supplied by Gaugemester not Dapol and is wrong, Dapol are still saying around march 2019
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Online Trainfish

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21524
  • IPAholic
    • Ebay
    • My layout, Longcroft under construction
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2018, 02:00:59 pm »
I'm sure I have 2 on pre-order but I can't for the life of me remember where from  :doh:

I've checked Rails and Hattons but they don't seem to appear there. I daren't order them again or I could end up with a double order as I have done previously with the Dapol HSTs.

Found them! They were tucked away in my order for the class 33's under "and 3 more products" which I placed in June 2015.
John

To see my layout "Longcroft" which is currently under construction, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it!

<*))))><

See my Youtube video channel          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<          >>>>>>>> or here <<<<<<<<

Offline jamespetts

• Kittens and cake
    • Awards
« Reply #147 on: November 11, 2018, 03:25:32 pm »

Apparently that list is supplied by Gaugemester not Dapol and is wrong, Dapol are still saying around march 2019

Are you sure? The Dapol website itself has an update from the 4th of October this year stating that the model will be released in Q4 2018: see here.

Offline Paul-H

• N Gauge Society Number: 27678
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2018, 06:45:26 pm »
That's interesting because my info came direct from Dapol on their Forum

A classic case of left hand not knowing what the right is doing
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2018, 09:15:51 pm »
When did they say that though?

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00