!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.  (Read 576899 times)

Offline Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Show your Latest Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.
« Reply #4455 on: October 31, 2018, 08:36:17 am »
He's got to finish his Canadian one first  ;D ;)
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #4456 on: October 31, 2018, 08:39:56 am »
Appendum:

Just in case Webbo gets annoyed by my last post, his layout is nearly finished, and the scenic sections are awesome.

Saw with me own eyes.  :beers:

Offline Bingley Hall

• N Gauge Society Number: 21700
    • Awards
« Reply #4457 on: October 31, 2018, 04:08:23 pm »
Candy at Coota by Bingley Hall, on Flickr

Obviously a bit of weathering is required  :)

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #4458 on: November 01, 2018, 12:13:41 am »
George

Any Australian stuff I acquire will be running on the same rails as my Canadian stuff, but as when running my UK rolling stock, I'll need to shift my cars to the other side of the street. Progress towards scenery completion has been slowed by the arrival of flying ants in my train room.

Chris, the SRA class 44 is an ALCo world export model DL-500B. Your RENFE Alco1800 is a DL-500C so the similarity in appearance is not coincidental. A very limited selection of passenger cars are available from Gopher Models.

Bingley Hall, thanks for the photo. My class 44 has just been through the paint shop.

Webbo

Offline Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #4459 on: November 01, 2018, 12:17:55 am »
Oh no! Those flying ants are horrible. Don't let them get at your lovely new loco!

Offline Fardap

• N Gauge Society Number: 26027
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #4460 on: November 02, 2018, 09:41:37 am »
Really pleased to have managed to bag a triple pack of Class B Esso by RevolutioN - I missed out on the original project and have been trying to track down some at a reasonable price for months.
Seen a few UM ones at +80 but really wanted the early Esso... finally bagged the pack on The Bay... AND at a really great price 64.50 including postage so only a tad above the original issue price, very, very happy  :bounce:

I don't think there is a thread on Ebay good buys just madness though...

Offline paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #4461 on: November 02, 2018, 09:47:17 am »
Really pleased to have managed to bag a triple pack of Class B Esso by RevolutioN - I missed out on the original project and have been trying to track down some at a reasonable price for months.
Seen a few UM ones at +80 but really wanted the early Esso... finally bagged the pack on The Bay... AND at a really great price 64.50 including postage so only a tad above the original issue price, very, very happy  :bounce:

I don't think there is a thread on Ebay good buys just madness though...

They look great

Offline bluedepot

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Awards
« Reply #4462 on: November 06, 2018, 09:49:56 pm »
not very big purchases... but i added a few more to my wagon fleet...

2x second hand dapol 21 ton coal hoppers
1x second hand dapol grain hopper
1x new graham farish mea wagon

Offline Les1952

• N Gauge Society Number: 9060
    • Awards
« Reply #4463 on: November 07, 2018, 12:40:54 pm »
Two of the "new" additions to the rosters for Hawthorn Dene and its successor Croft Spa.

60907 is a recent purchase from Dr Al via eBay.  It WAS a Green Arrow.  Since acquisition I've tested its pulling power (10 coaches forwards, 9 tender-first), first restoring the front coupling.  It then went to DCC Supplies for fitting with a decoder in the tender as they can't get hold of any very small decoders at the moment so couldn't put the chip inside the cab roof.  I may add a storm sheet to cover the wires.  Renumbered as 60907, which was a York loco that retained its inside steampipes.  York V2s were heavily used on relief passenger along the whole of the East Coast Main Line, plus workings that took them on to the Great Central and London Midland regions. It still needs coal, crew and weathering.

This one will make its debut on passenger (probably) at Warley at the end of this month.  Hawthorn Dene is stand C31, two places along from the N Gauge Society stand.  60907's eventual duty is the King's Cross to  Catterick Camp troop train on Croft Spa, a signature train as it was an eight-coach rake hauled by a tender-first V2. It had worked chimney-first North to Darlington where it reversed, hauling the train tender-first to Catterick Bridge where it reversed again to take the steep branch to Catterick Camp.  the train passed through Croft Spa twice, once with the loco chimney first and once tender-first.  A train that has been waiting for me to find a strong V2...

One of three recently purchased Dapol B1s, all via eBay. This one had hardly any track time and runs perfectly- one of the others had a circuit board issue and the third had been dropped.  All are now renumbered, DCC fitted, and available for front line service.  The one with the circuit board issue I hard wired a chip into. This one will share the explosives train on both Hawthorn Dene and Croft Spa.  Again it still needs weathering, coal and crew.

Why Dapol rather than Farish B1s?  Quite simply there are two duties (a coal train run tender-first and a big fast goods) that the Farish B1 I had wouldn't look at pulling.  As it wasn't up to the job I sold the Farish one on.

Les

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #4464 on: November 07, 2018, 02:24:59 pm »
The V2 is a beauty, Les, and being in possession of one of Dr Al's locos I know just how good they are.

Offline JimSan

• Really need more sleep
    • Awards
« Reply #4465 on: November 07, 2018, 03:08:11 pm »
The new locos which I've got recently, on my very much unfinished layout.
A Farish 3MT (slightly damaged valve gear, but still runs fine, will need to get it fixed at some point)
A Dapol Class 33
and also...
Spoiler: show

Farish 5MT Standard Arthur "Camelot" Which is sadly, only a model...
Which I might get renamed/numbered at some point, will be after the new years anyway.

As for rolling stock, managed to get an older Farish BR(S) Green Bulleid three pack coaches, a 50' Bogie B (slightly damaged but bodged fixed it) and also another BR Mk.1 BSK in BR(S) Green.
There might of been other rolling stock recently bought, though I can't remember which ones at the moment.

Offline grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #4466 on: November 12, 2018, 05:47:42 pm »
After years of looking for one at a reasonable price, I found a BR160 in pristine condition for a very reasonable price at Central Hobbies in Vancouver
Very very happy 😃

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
November Donations

Advertise Here