!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Water help!  (Read 734 times)

Offline 1936ace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22564
    • Awards
Water help!
« on: June 03, 2012, 09:31:47 am »
A mate at work wants to model water incl waterfall and i told him about the deluxe materials fibre ans scenic water products. have checked gaugemaster but they show no longer made by supplier. can anyone suggest a stockist that would deliver to Australia and has anyone used the product, or if anyone has a better suggestion. Keen to see how it goes on his layout(after all it is only HO) and it looks all good i will give it a go on my n gauge set up im trying to build

Thanks in advance
Bart

Offline upnick

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • Awards
Re: Water help!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 09:49:47 am »
Hi Bart,   

Take a look  at these Woodland Scenics videos for  applying   water /waterfalls to layouts

http://woodlandscenics.woodlandscenics.com/show/page/videos/?c=water

The trick  with the water is to pour it in  1/8 inch thin   layers  &  build it up   to good effect &  achieve a clear  pool /river, wherever it's going ensure you have the area  sealed as the water  like the real  stuff will  find  it's level.

Water effects  creates the waterfall  ;)     

Let us know how you go on 

Offline EtchedPixels

• Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16353
  • 2mm Association Number: 4412
    • Ebay
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Etched Pixels
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 12:52:25 pm »
The thin plastic stuff sandwiches are sometimes wrapped in makes  nice small falls. Not as arty and magnificent as the Scenics video but total cost near enough nil.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Offline Matthew-peter

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23667
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 02:10:52 pm »
Games workshop do an alternative to the woodland scenics and I do believe they would deliver to australia, they have a few outlets over there, heres a link and I hope this helps :)

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?prodId=prod1600082a

I have used it before and it is just like the woodland scenics variant.
OK who took my cake?

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything