!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Make your own colour chip Deck / chart  (Read 566 times)

Offline upnick

• Trade Count: (+16)
    • Awards
Make your own colour chip Deck / chart
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:08:05 pm »
Hi  All,   

To   know the prescise colour of your paints once they've dried not whats on the lid  or   label   i  use this easy method which  builds up  with your paint collection as it grows.

Buy a sheet of  20 thou   plasticard &  spray it on the matt  side with a coat of white primer,  once dry  measure strips around 1/2'' (12.5mm)   wide   X 1''  (25mm)  long  &  score / break   off  the sheet  until   completed.   now you have  lots of  primed  chips ready  to   paint blue/green   etc.

Taking some thick   card i   get free from  my  picture framers  (the bit they  cut out for the print  thrown away usuallly)  i  punch  two holes in it   to fit  in  a  file  folder  &   for eg  name the page blue  shades &  you can stick  the plastic  pieces to the  leaves  then   paint / label  them as you   buy colours,  builds into a nice reference source  ;)

Another way is to  make the  plasticard  chips slightly longer & use a hole punch   in  each ..... again  paint as you  buy colours but you will  have to find  something to thread  through the holes to keep  them together  i use releasable cable ties handier for your pocket or toolbox  ;D 

« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:16:46 pm by upnick »

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations

Advertise Here