!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Fleischmann Track Practice Question  (Read 73 times)

Offline JHSvensson

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Fleischmann Track Practice Question
« on: October 22, 2018, 06:54:11 pm »
Hello, what is the standard Continental practice for using the Piccolo sectional track, as in do people use cork underlay beneath it, or attach directly to a base?  I ask because for non-ballasted track a cork or other roadbed is fairly standard here in the US, and I haven't used a molded ballast track system before...and Fleischmann's is fairly "low" compared to Atlas, Kato or other brands.  My instinct says don't use cork with it, but thought I would check, particularly if one were modelling a branch line.  Thanks in advance.  Jon

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
Re: Fleischmann Track Practice Question
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2018, 06:58:14 pm »
I doubt there is a "standard", it's down to personal preference (as is the use of cork with any brand of track).   

Given the Fleischmann track is pre-ballasted it's not really necessary to pack it with anything unless you want the effect of a really high ballast shoulder.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Globi

• Awards
Re: Fleischmann Track Practice Question
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 07:11:25 pm »
Hello, what is the standard Continental practice for using the Piccolo sectional track, as in do people use cork underlay beneath it, or attach directly to a base?  I ask because for non-ballasted track a cork or other roadbed is fairly standard here in the US, and I haven't used a molded ballast track system before...and Fleischmann's is fairly "low" compared to Atlas, Kato or other brands.  My instinct says don't use cork with it, but thought I would check, particularly if one were modelling a branch line.  Thanks in advance.  Jon

I'm pretty sure you don't need cork under pre-ballasted track, I think your instinct is correct!

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything