!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Which Peco track and turnout?  (Read 411 times)

Offline Pjlons83

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Which Peco track and turnout?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2018, 08:33:02 pm »
Just a quick thank you to those that helped!  :NGF:

I’ll cut the card (sand paper) down to fit when the scenics begin. It’s a huge hole in my tiny micro layout!  :o
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 08:47:12 pm by Pjlons83 »
Gold Hill - my rule 1, “just for fun” micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Which Peco track and turnout?
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2018, 09:43:31 pm »
Looking good.  By the way, if you buy the  standard Peco motor PL10 (not PL10-E) then the rod will be the correct length to locate in the tie-bar if you're attaching directly to the point, without sticking up too much and requiring trimming.

When you come to trim the rod,  DON'T use a cutting disk (you'll melt the tie-bar) and DON'T use your best track cutters as you'll damage them. You'll need some decent strong cutters. To be honest if you are having to trim the rod it's best to offer up the motor, mark the rod and remove again while you cut it - but a bit late now you've bent the tabs!
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
November Donations

Advertise Here