!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Small points  (Read 168 times)

Offline Timofpenk

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Small points
« on: October 08, 2018, 10:17:20 pm »
 :helpneededsign: hi group I’m looking to maybe build a small shunting/ industrial lay out no more than maybe a couple of feet long and I intended to run short wheel based locos but what I’m interested in and asking some advice on is who makes the smallest electrofrog points ideally the sort of size of the peco small radius set track points any help would be great thanks
Tim

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
Re: Small points
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2018, 11:45:05 pm »
Must admit the only live frog points I've come across that were similar in dimensions to Peco Setrack were hand-built.  That is an option - you could cut away the plastic frog and convert the frog V at least to be metal rail.  I've been contemplating doing that with my fiddle yard Setrack points for the past 20 years, but as I run mostly long wheelbase bogie D&E it's not been necessary.

I've done that sort of conversion with Peco G scale points, but obviously that's not quite so fiddly!
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline BobB

• N Gauge Society Number: 27926
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:30:27 am »
I use the set track points in the fiddle yard and usually run diesel and electrics, again no trouble. When rule 1 requires an 0-6-0 then if the track is very clean again there is no trouble for the steamers (Farish panniers and a Jinty) but the class 08 shunter is a problem unless it's running at a very fast (unrealistic) speed.

Offline AlexanderJesse

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 03:16:05 pm »
If a #4 point would fit, then handlaid tracks ( https://www.handlaidtrack.com/af-n-t-4-me55 ) might be the ticket to go. With their templates it looks easy...

Else take Pecos e-frogs and carefully shorten them...
=================
have a disney day
vapour is just water and therefor clean

Offline fisherman

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 04:42:33 pm »
Would  a  three  way point  help ?
<o({{{<<

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00