!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Plymouth Friary and Turnchaple Branch  (Read 423 times)

Offline chrispearce

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Plymouth Friary and Turnchaple Branch
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2018, 08:08:16 pm »
I looked up the Turnchapel branch online last night and your plan looks to be a great interpretation of it. I take it the mainline goes off to somewhere. I recall mention in your opening post about a version of Manchester Piccadilly. Great plan and super pics. Thanks. :D
Some situations in life are like dairy cows. When you see 'em you just gotta milk 'em.

Offline squit13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25030
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2018, 09:02:21 pm »
@chrispearce yes, the mainline runs underneath to my big mainline modern station which also acts as a junction. Each end will, have a helix running down to a fiddle yard underneath, for storage. This board was built wholey by me for, our previous layout, and my first real bit of proper modeling. Cant bring myself to break it down! It also enables me to, model something modern for the modern trains, the class 350 and 87, as it will be part electrified, hopefully something which will add interest

Sorry owing to some bad switches on the first time round build, frog switching ones, I am currently undertaking the electrical work. Dismantled and flipped the board, gotta make things easy eh?!

I decided a complete overhaul/rewire was the nicest and neatest way forward. If you are squeamish, look away now. The following picture may cause harm. Very much in the "it works, but I dont know why camp" when I did this!
Rewiring with just three wire colours to keep things simple and joining common wires much earlier to neaten things up. I should point out that I really struggle to be neat with things, so this will be difficult for me!

Whilst under here sorting and changing the wires, the Wire In Tube will also largely be redone, and yard points added to a new "mer control" lever frame.

Onwards I wearily proceed.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 09:08:24 pm by squit13, Reason: Added reply »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 09:54:18 pm »
Such gratuitous pics of spaghetti just scare me as I have all this to come :worried:

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here