!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Revolution Trains - Class 128 Parcels DMU  (Read 2913 times)

Offline robert shrives

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 8743
  • 2mm Association Number: 4424
    • Awards
Re: Revolution Trains - Class 128 Parcels DMU
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2018, 08:49:42 pm »
 Well that is brilliant - I have just put transfers on the 3D print version!

There are many photos of these across the time zones so hopefully lots of rule 1 purchases - my iconic memory was watching one with two 4wheel ballasts being loaded at Minffordd Quarry level crossing when locos barred from Barmouth Bridge. 

One very dirty one at Tyseley depot hat "Scooby doo" in the grime on the corridor connection- a reference to an oft missing pit supervisor - it lasted years and nobody wanted to clean it off !

The special must be a TS twotone blue / red/ GW logoed vehicle 55993.

Offline 37058

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14122
  • 37058 Stafford 29-05-99 1D71 1203 BNS - HHD
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2018, 09:59:01 pm »
Thank you very much @Ben A @Only Me and @red_death  8) 8)

Parcels red will go very nice on Sutton St Annes. Well done guys, a great choice of model indeed. Right, I'd best finish paying for my IZA's now :doh:

Cheers
Anthony 
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

Now proud owner of Airesby Colliery - An ex exhibition layout that will soon be back on the exhibition circuit, after a little TLC. Thread coming soon...

Next exhibition for SSA - Shrewsbury Model Railway Show - Saturday 20th October 2018

Offline Stuart Down Under

• N Gauge Society Number: 3354
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2018, 11:54:47 pm »
LMR in green with whiskers - 2, please!

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2018, 09:50:06 am »
Oh dear I will now have to go through my stock and sell some more little used locos ,I want a green W R one with whiskers and while talking about Revolution I want two early version sturgeons as well .
OnlyMe said the parcels car will now kill his 3D printed one but I might have to settle for that instead , I cant keep up with all these new products and I want an A P T E as well ,why won’t my ERNIE bonds pay out or my numbers come up in the lottery.
Bob Tidbury

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2018, 10:18:26 am »
Oh dear I will now have to go through my stock and sell some more little used locos ,I want a green W R one with whiskers and while talking about Revolution I want two early version sturgeons as well .
OnlyMe said the parcels car will now kill his 3D printed one but I might have to settle for that instead , I cant keep up with all these new products and I want an A P T E as well ,why won’t my ERNIE bonds pay out or my numbers come up in the lottery.
Bob Tidbury

Bob I have been rotating my old models for years, especially the old Farish models if I don't want the wheels for a kit builds.  If you are patient and price then wisely you can easily fund new (I prefer good second hand) models through eBay.

Offline Hailstone

• N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2018, 11:58:39 am »
I saw this at their stand on Saturday - I WANT ONE!! in WR green please

Regards,

Alex

Offline Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2018, 11:55:37 pm »
No brainer for me. WR green will fit perfectly  :D

Offline dannyboy

• N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2018, 12:06:37 am »
Definitely one for me - in Royal Mail colours.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Calnefoxile

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 13399
  • 2mm Association Number: 5004
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2018, 03:37:05 pm »

Although the cynical part of me thinks you just announced it because I bought the 3D printed body kit. ;)

Yep and me, just bought one of Pauls, @Only Me could've warned me  ;) ;) ;)

Cheers

Neal.

Offline Only Me

• Reader Of The Manual
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Creator of Minature Masterpieces
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2018, 05:50:32 pm »
Have a poor thought for me as all my profits disappeared in one announcement!... :'(

Offline Paul-H

• N Gauge Society Number: 27678
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2018, 06:23:18 pm »
How are you supposed to register an interest in this as there are no links on their site and as they said they need enough interest registered in it before going ahead, so how are you supposed to register an interest, how was this done with their other models.

Hope this one does not take as long as the Pendo what was that over 4 years, from announcement to delivery

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Offline NeMo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23720
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2018, 06:24:24 pm »
Have a poor thought for me as all my profits disappeared in one announcement!... :'(

Your 3D printed kit was the first thing that went through my mind when the announcement was made.

Perhaps there's little/no overlap between those who buy kits and those who're going to spring for this. I really don't know. But given all the DMUs out there that desperately need to be made, and the existence of a well-regarded kit, Revolution's choice of the Class 128 really surprised me.

Obviously I wish your kit continued success, and this project every success in the future.

Cheers, NeMo

Offline Snowwolflair

• N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2018, 06:35:12 pm »

Your 3D printed kit was the first thing that went through my mind when the announcement was made.

Perhaps there's little/no overlap between those who buy kits and those who're going to spring for this. I really don't know. But given all the DMUs out there that desperately need to be made, and the existence of a well-regarded kit, Revolution's choice of the Class 128 really surprised me.

Obviously I wish your kit continued success, and this project every success in the future.

Cheers, NeMo

Well I want one in RED  :D, and I already have a green whiskered print which is my live video train.

The availability of a kit or print is not surpassed by a limited edition RTR which Revolution are producing and the print version is likely to be still around in ten years time, possibly long after Revolution stop producing their model.

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2018, 06:40:12 pm »
How are you supposed to register an interest in this as there are no links on their site and as they said they need enough interest registered in it before going ahead, so how are you supposed to register an interest, how was this done with their other models.

Hope this one does not take as long as the Pendo what was that over 4 years, from announcement to delivery

Paul

Hi

On RMWeb Ben mentioned that it will be added to the website when Mike gets time to do so.

Cheers

Paul

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2018, 11:05:19 pm »

Paul

Hello Paul,

As has been said, we will add the 128 to the website in the next few weeks.  I'll update here when we do, and we're very encouraged by the response so far.

As for the Pendolino, actual development work started with a laser scan at Crewe in February 2015.  The models were completed in January this year though shipping here took until March.  Also, we had to go through three iterations of the inner couplers (that had to be kinematic, but also transfer power) which added at least another 8-12 months to development.  Without that delay, the Pendolino could've been completed in two years.

As a single unit this is not an issue for the 128.  If enough people back it then I see no reason why this project should not move forward faster.

Cheers

Ben A.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything