!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Revolution Trains - IPA Wagon  (Read 1248 times)

Offline cutting42

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Revolution Trains - IPA Wagon
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2018, 01:36:45 am »

Cartic 4s got discussed a couple of times at TINGS this weekend, have you got the Etched kit or the plastic?

It is my belief, based on the number of people I know have done this, that plenty of people have the etches in their draw.

They sometimes get them out, look at them, go “hmmm”, and put them away again!

Haha, yes I think that is a correct assessment. It is the etched kit.

Offline 37058

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14122
  • 37058 Stafford 29-05-99 1D71 1203 BNS - HHD
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2018, 07:47:18 am »

It’s a shame to NGS kits are sold out. The combination of IPA with cartic 4s would make a very interesting rake.

I know there was a reason I kept one of these kits in a drawer to build at some point.

Cartic 4s got discussed a couple of times at TINGS this weekend, have you got the Etched kit or the plastic?

It is my belief, based on the number of people I know have done this, that plenty of people have the etches in their draw.

Skyline2uk

This is very true Adam.

I have one, in one of my project draws...Been there 10 years+ ! I will get round to it, one day... However, I wold love to see the kits back in stock once again. This will most certainly give me a kick up the bum to make a start.

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

Now proud owner of Airesby Colliery - An ex exhibition layout that will soon be back on the exhibition circuit, after a little TLC. Thread coming soon...

Next exhibition for SSA - Shrewsbury Model Railway Show - Saturday 20th October 2018

Offline 37058

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14122
  • 37058 Stafford 29-05-99 1D71 1203 BNS - HHD
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2018, 08:07:29 am »

I have always thought that they were IZA's with blue ends and the Ford logo on the side, but after much research, they are actually IVA vans. I am guessing they were originally twins? And got converted at some point to singles? Purely for the Dagenham - Halewood - Garston - Mossend car trains.

Hopefully these Flickr links work... https://flic.kr/p/hxfAME

Robert Riddles At Slindon. by Neil Harvey 156, on Flickr

Further research throws up this https://flic.kr/p/bDwBrr

And finally one IVA with CARGOWAGON on the side https://flic.kr/p/bqACVS

Cheers
Anthony

I seem to remember that these were built as singles and are about 1 metre longer than the van in the twin sets.

http://www.touaxrail.com/sites/touax/files/Hbfins_0.pdf

Thank you. Certainly given me something to think about...

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

Now proud owner of Airesby Colliery - An ex exhibition layout that will soon be back on the exhibition circuit, after a little TLC. Thread coming soon...

Next exhibition for SSA - Shrewsbury Model Railway Show - Saturday 20th October 2018

Offline JBQFC

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9651
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2018, 09:21:43 am »

It’s a shame to NGS kits are sold out. The combination of IPA with cartic 4s would make a very interesting rake.

I know there was a reason I kept one of these kits in a drawer to build at some point.

Skyline2uk

This is very true Adam.

I have one, in one of my project draws...Been there 10 years+ ! I will get round to it, one day... However, I wold love to see the kits back in stock once again. This will most certainly give me a kick up the bum to make a start.

Cheers
Anthony

i am the same got two cartic kits when first released may get round to building them one day
John

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2018, 07:41:02 pm »

Skyline2uk

This is very true Adam.

Cheers
Anthony

Just to warn you @37058 , should your cartic 4 be up to your usual standards, I will immediately start asking for a quote to do me one (if and when the reappear). So best keep completion to yourself  :D

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here