!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Welcome to the NGF!  (Read 32489 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26734
  • 2mm Association Number: 5172
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to the NGF!
« Reply #555 on: March 05, 2017, 08:43:38 pm »
Wotcha! Welcome aboard!  :wave:
'Keep it country!'

Offline shornsrail

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #556 on: April 10, 2017, 08:46:03 pm »
 :hellosign:
Hello all. 
Joined the forum today after trying to find ngs but found the forum instead.  So now I'm a newbie on both the forum and with the ngs.

Thanks to Newportnobby for the kind welcome - I'm delighted to be onboard.  He asked me to let you know what my n gauge plans are - well you did ask......

Many years ago I had a very large OO gauge set, originally my fathers, then I arrived and things kept growing!  Then I reached 14 years old, discovered airplanes and girls and the rest is history...... 

Now, newly retired, I want to get back into model trains, and I think, given the size of my new home, that n gauge is the way to go.  Visited Pecorama and the bug has now truly got back in!  So now, starting with a 4x2ft baseboard and some ideas, I'm looking to start building.  I'm interested in GWR branchline, around the post war to 50s, steam only.  I have a couple of Graham Farish 64XX Tanks plus a Dapol Grange, together with some coaches, Autotrailer and wagons, plus some kits/models to build.

Early birthday pressie is a course at Pecorama to get some practical in, then with a few books, the ngs and Peco  documents, and of course the forum, I hope to start planning track layout and looking for ideas and inspiration for what to build.

So where do I find small layouts please???

You did ask!   :thankyousign:
Cheers SR

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #557 on: April 10, 2017, 08:53:13 pm »
Thanks for that. Good to have a steam era modeller join us, and your stock sounds like it's all the right stuff.
I'm sure those with small layouts will be along soon to give suggestions.

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #558 on: April 10, 2017, 08:58:37 pm »
Welcome aboard shornsrail.
Do you live in the South West? With visits to Pecorama you may well live down here somewhere.
Anyway, lots of help and advice available so just ask away.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Trepol Bay :
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=1392
Port Perran :
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=1004

Offline dannyboy

• N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #559 on: April 10, 2017, 09:19:16 pm »
Welcome shornsrail. There are plenty of knowledgeable and talented people on this 'ere forum, (and it is not short of its comedians!), so any questions, just ask.  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.

Offline shornsrail

• Awards
« Reply #560 on: April 12, 2017, 09:43:05 pm »
Hi port perran
 :hellosign:Many thanks for the welcome. Yes I'm a Devon Boy. Off to Pecorama for one of their courses next month to learn what's what.
I've just been reading the Peco catalogue and I'm interested in their SmartSwitch system - any thoughts on this kit?
Cheers
SR
 :thankyousign:

Offline shornsrail

• Awards
« Reply #561 on: April 12, 2017, 09:46:43 pm »
 :hellosign:
And hello dannyboy - glad to be here!
Cheers to you too  :beers: SR

Offline Jimbo

• Awards
« Reply #562 on: April 13, 2017, 08:11:32 pm »
Hello! Welcome aboard!  :claphappy:
'Keep it country!'

Offline scotsoft

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Scottish n' Newcastle
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #563 on: April 13, 2017, 09:42:09 pm »
Welcome to the NGF  :NGaugersRule:

Cheers John.

:toot:

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #564 on: April 14, 2017, 01:42:04 am »
G'day from Australia, shornsrail, and welcome to the NGF!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline 37214

• Awards
« Reply #565 on: April 20, 2017, 08:10:29 pm »
Hello,

Been on here about a week now so better officially introduce myself. I found the forum whilst searching for N-gauge Class 37 replacement nose ends.

I have mentioned in a couple of other threads that I was clearing out my loft over Easter and rediscovered my N-gauge models that I had in the early 1990's. Everything went into the loft when we moved into this house and 18 years later I found just about everything packed away in boxes but couldn't find 4 pairs of 37 nose ends, some Mk2 coaches and coach roofs. I have since found the missing items in a plastic tool/modelling box in the garage.

I used to buy second hand Class 37's and renumber and detail them or buy blank bodyshells from Farish and paint those in the colours I liked, BR Large Logo, Regional Railways and Railfreight Distribution.

Also in the collection are 2 TPM class 60 kits and 2 CJM class 26's, this was the only way to get hold of these types in those days. I am halfway through converting a rake of Mk2 coaches to Regional Railways and Scotrail using TPM inlays, time consuming but it kept me off the streets. Joining these are about 5 old Lima class 86's that I was repainting and detailing, 3 are finished - 1 RES, 2 in RFD and to round it off, about 30 wagon kits to build.

I never got round to building a layout, I actually prefer building and painting the rolling stock but if I did, it would be a fictitious setting in the North of England near the Scottish border, electrified so I could run 86's, 90's and 91's if I wanted to. I also have a liking for Engineers trains so most of the kits to build are for these, one of my 37's will be in Dutch livery to join one of the 26's.

I'm going to pay a visit to the Sindlesham show this Saturday if I can and check out the local N-gauge area group.

Offline Steamie+

• N Gauge Society Number: 26963
  • N Gauge is part of my life. :)
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #566 on: April 20, 2017, 09:27:09 pm »
Hello,

Been on here about a week now so better officially introduce myself. I found the forum whilst searching for N-gauge Class 37 replacement nose ends.

I have mentioned in a couple of other threads that I was clearing out my loft over Easter and rediscovered my N-gauge models that I had in the early 1990's. Everything went into the loft when we moved into this house and 18 years later I found just about everything packed away in boxes but couldn't find 4 pairs of 37 nose ends, some Mk2 coaches and coach roofs. I have since found the missing items in a plastic tool/modelling box in the garage.

I used to buy second hand Class 37's and renumber and detail them or buy blank bodyshells from Farish and paint those in the colours I liked, BR Large Logo, Regional Railways and Railfreight Distribution.

Also in the collection are 2 TPM class 60 kits and 2 CJM class 26's, this was the only way to get hold of these types in those days. I am halfway through converting a rake of Mk2 coaches to Regional Railways and Scotrail using TPM inlays, time consuming but it kept me off the streets. Joining these are about 5 old Lima class 86's that I was repainting and detailing, 3 are finished - 1 RES, 2 in RFD and to round it off, about 30 wagon kits to build.

I never got round to building a layout, I actually prefer building and painting the rolling stock but if I did, it would be a fictitious setting in the North of England near the Scottish border, electrified so I could run 86's, 90's and 91's if I wanted to. I also have a liking for Engineers trains so most of the kits to build are for these, one of my 37's will be in Dutch livery to join one of the 26's.

I'm going to pay a visit to the Sindlesham show this Saturday if I can and check out the local N-gauge area group.

Hello 37214, welcome to the forum, there are plenty of well informed members on here so please ask away to any questions and the better informed knowledgeable members will put you at ease.

If you go onto the layout planning page you can tell us more about your plans and if you have a layout in mind post it for the more enlightened members to view, i promise you won’t get slated on here, well not by me anyway lol.      :laugh3: :laugh3:

Seriously the members are very tolerate about new members and the Moderators won’t stand for any abuse to members what so ever.  Happy Modelling.     :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:toot: :A1Tornado: :Carriage: :Carriage:

Offline Jimbo

• Awards
« Reply #567 on: April 21, 2017, 06:32:36 am »
Hello! Welcome aboard!  :wave:
'Keep it country!'

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00