!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: A trip to North East Scotland in N  (Read 769 times)

Offline The Q

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: A trip to North East Scotland
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2018, 01:32:29 pm »
I see you've nicked a Matilda 2 tank from Early WW2, that would have to be the one at Bovington painted up in the colours of MAJ. ( T / LT. COL. ) HENRY R. B. FOOTE, D.S.O. ROYAL TANK REGIMENT for actions 27TH May. 15TH. June 1942. At which he got the Victoria Cross.

(My Granddad was RSM at the Time).

Other than that...Very nice modelling.. :thumbsup:

Online Drakken

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Building Llanrumney TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2018, 03:23:03 pm »
Really should be on the exhibition scene if not already, Lovely layout loads of interest to keep you looking the scenery :beers:

Offline Vigo

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2018, 04:38:00 pm »
I see you've nicked a Matilda 2 tank from Early WW2, that would have to be the one at Bovington painted up in the colours of MAJ. ( T / LT. COL. ) HENRY R. B. FOOTE, D.S.O. ROYAL TANK REGIMENT for actions 27TH May. 15TH. June 1942. At which he got the Victoria Cross.

(My Granddad was RSM at the Time).

Other than that...Very nice modelling.. :thumbsup:
That's nice to know, my grandfather was also major in RTR in the early 50's
The only reason there's a Matilda on there and not anything else is the Matilda was the first serious model I ever built, a Tamiya 1/35 when I was 13, about 100 years ago.

Cheers :beers:

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2018, 08:31:00 am »
I've got that kit in the mountain somewhere, My GrandDad served from 1919 to 1953, by 1953 he was RSM I/C training at Barnard Castle. So if your Grandfather was in by 53 they probably met somewhere.

Having travelled in the area, I went to school in Inverness, your scenery looks right, I hope I can do as well...

Offline Vigo

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: Today at 10:57:46 am »
I can't remember if I mentioned it earlier but this is a roundy layout. There is a helix at either end to allow a continuous run and a return loop underneath with a rather low-tech integrated cassette type train loading system.
It may be low-tech and old school but it works :thumbsup:

Everyone knows that helices are problematic and Sod's First Law of Annoying Inevitability states that if something is going to go wrong it will do so in the most awkward place. Am I right? You all know I am....

So. Here is Inverduff in full Emergency Derailment Recovery Mode (EDRM). Both helices are fully accessible, it's simply a matter of lifting one hinged scenic area out of the way or removing the storage drawers and lifting the lid off the other end. The storage drawers, if anyone's interested, are an old Ikea Malm drawer unit that my daughter was getting rid of that's been butchered and molested to fit. Widthwise it was spot on but I had to lose 2 drawers, otherwise what's left of it is a perfect size for N gauge stock, it could've been made for it. Damned clever these Swedes.

On reflection, the only reason I had to lose the 2 drawers is that as you can see in the picture I had a bookshelf right above that end of the layout. It's not there now so I could have kept all the drawers and had more room for stuff... Bugger :scowl:

Whatever. Pictures:
I really must get around to tidying my garage sometime soon :-[

Incidentally, my latest fleet addition arrived yesterday so Inverduff is now bang up to date with a brand spanking new Scotrail Class 68 loco in the beautiful Saltire livery to go with my other ScotRail DMU's

« Last Edit: Today at 11:08:44 am by Vigo »

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here