!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Suggestion - Metro-Vick Class 28 Co-Bo  (Read 2186 times)

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion - Metro-Vick Class 28 Co-Bo
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2018, 07:10:45 am »
Sorry to disagree Mark but you should share all info here! Many people dislike Facebook although I do use it for various things.

True N Gauge issues should always be on the Forum here.

Why should he? And why should they “always be on the forum”? Facebook is more accessible for many, easier to share photos and content and anyone can join. if people choose not to that’s entirely their prerogative, but I don’t think anyone should tell members where they should share content!

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2018, 09:52:29 am »
My Ian Stoat CoBo had a really good run on Saturday at the Berkshire Area N Gauge Groups club running day even I was surprised how well it ran as it had been in the cupboard for years as I had completely forgotten about untill this thread reminded me I had it.Unfortunately no one had a camera so we couldn’t take any photos..But Hailstone said he was impressed with it .
I hasten to say I did not build it it was an Ian Stoat model and was built and painted by him  all I did was swap the bogie over .When Hailstone and me took the body of it it definitely looks like a combination of Brass sides and white metal end and batteryboxes and fuel tanks .
I must say a big Thankyou to the club members they really are a great bunch of guys and allways make me wellcome as a guest.
Bob Tidbury
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:27:54 pm by Bob Tidbury »

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2018, 10:25:51 am »
Sorry to disagree Mark but you should share all info here! Many people dislike Facebook although I do use it for various things.

Why should he? And why should they “always be on the forum”? Facebook is more accessible for many, easier to share photos and content and anyone can join. if people choose not to that’s entirely their prerogative, but I don’t think anyone should tell members where they should share content!

Agreed. I wouldn't touch Facebook with someone else's bargepole (and will not enter into a discussion on the forum) but no one should dictate where information should appear. Request by all means, but not dictate. If a Facebook user wants to miss a wider audience by not using/copying in the main forum and maybe loss of sales that's entirely up to them.

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2018, 10:38:32 am »
And of course vice versa, you could reach a wider audience by posting everything on Facebook (and RMWeb etc), but doing so is entirely your choice.

I’ve been enjoying watching this on Facebook (and will continue to do so on here) although my knowledge of the prototype is based on “Boco” in Thomas the Tank Engine!  :-[

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2018, 11:12:53 am »

I will post up the relevant bits on here (this forum), but personally I do not have the time to be stuck in front of a PC screen to go into discussion on too many forums,

Work and family come 1st.

Cheers Mark

You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2018, 02:04:53 pm »
Photos of the 2nd 3D print after sanding and undercoating

Gareth has seen a few print lines in the natural daylight which he say's isn't a problem to resolve.

:thankyousign:

Offline BramptonBranch

• Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2018, 04:07:57 pm »
Well I've ordered one (and an EM2!) and sourced my first class 31 just need a 20 bogie now!

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2018, 06:22:21 pm »
Class 25/33 Poole locos will do the same job.

I have never seen the second chassis aka the China split chassis that is not DCC ready, so cannot say if the bogies from the Class 25/33 split chassis will fit onto the Class 31 with a split chassis.

All I seem to have is Locos with Poole Chassis units and the new DCC ready types.

:thankyousign:

Offline Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2018, 08:22:12 pm »
Bickering apart, this thread has at the very least created an interest in a loco that many of us will recall from a ...dare I say it a TRI-ANG catalogue.  I for one with the 199% assistance from my mentor want one.  Rule 1 will definitely apply as these blighters were never on the WR.  OK one in Green did surface at Swindon for some kind of medical reason, but what the... I WANT ONE!!!
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Offline Arrachogaidh

• N Gauge Society Number: 8539
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2018, 11:25:37 pm »

Sorry, but they ventured onto this forum with a view to impressing an audience without first sharing their details. This is not a total criticism and perhaps my use of "always" was a bit strong. I would have thought that the general idea amongst N Gauge modellers would be to share information from basic principles to completed ideas rather than just present a final derivative.

I certainly didn't set out to offend anyone. However I understand Facebook is the sort of place that everyone is offended by anything anyone says unlike my perception of this forum generally!
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2018, 11:56:24 pm »
Bickering apart, this thread has at the very least created an interest in a loco that many of us will recall from a ...dare I say it a TRI-ANG catalogue.  I for one with the 199% assistance from my mentor want one.  Rule 1 will definitely apply as these blighters were never on the WR.  OK one in Green did surface at Swindon for some kind of medical reason, but what the... I WANT ONE!!!

I always thought it was a  Hornby Dublo model?  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Arrachogaidh

• N Gauge Society Number: 8539
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2018, 01:05:53 am »
Let me be clear in case there is doubt. I will support anyone who wishes to  provide a viable replica of either 21/29 or 28 Class deisels as these are the ones which have so far been ignored by the major manufacturers. I can justify either on a layout even without invoking Rule 1.

I would also appreciate anyone producing a 3d version of a Peco/Rivarossi "Jubilee" Keeper Plate.

Regards and Best Wishes
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline Chuffington

• Awards
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2018, 08:16:58 am »

I always thought it was a  Hornby Dublo model?  :hmmm:

Hornby-Dublo did indeed make a Co-Bo but this loco featured on the front cover of a Tri-ang Hornby catalogue in the 1960's when they used artwork by Terence Cuneo I think it was.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2018, 08:45:41 am »
I have Triang catalogues from that era, and don't recall that loco, even in Cuneo's masterpieces.

Anyway, doesn't really matter... bit of a thread hijack really.  :thumbsup:

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Steven B

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12107
  • 2mm Association Number: 4196
    • NGS Yorkshire Area Group
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2018, 09:25:50 am »
Hornby-Dublo did indeed make a Co-Bo but this loco featured on the front cover of a Tri-ang Hornby catalogue in the 1960's when they used artwork by Terence Cuneo I think it was.

Triang-Hornby catalogue number 18 from 1972 had the Co-Bo on the cover

Steven B.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything